Autoshite credentials questions - a bit of fun...

Dick Longbridge

44 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

Not always !!

It was with mine. Getting the bastard back up and aligned with the hole however.. In the end it was a matter of minutes to remove the bottom fixings of the door trim, hinge it upwards and sort it that way. Right up until I knocked the rod off the interior door handle, hence my first post in this thread. 

On 11/30/2020 at 4:44 AM, taranaki said:

Have you ever been overtaken by one of your own rear wheels [Austin  countryman]?

Nope, but have been overtaken by one of the front wheels ( Land Rover swb)

and then spent quality time looking for wheel nuts ( found 1) before giving up and nicking them from the other wheels

It was a front wheel for me too (Citroen Relay) I set about nicking wheel bolts for the other wheels but then found the snapped off remains of the original 5 still in the hub so had to call the big orange taxi.  They called a contractor which was wise as it took a huge gouge out of their bed unloading it after the ratchet strap the wheel to the hub plan went wrong.

I've had back wheels overtake me three times over the years! Twice on kit cars when I was giving them their first (illegal) test drives and forgot that the many, many months prior when I put the wheels on I hadn't tightened the bolts. First time was the Dutton and I gave it a big bootful as I got nearly home, the wheels spun and the left rear carried on spinning... all the way down the road and into the side of the one car in the area who's owner I hated! I did laugh...

Second time was the yellow thing and it left the left rear (see a pattern?) by the side of the trafic lights along with half the wheelarch :(  Fixed and re-sprayed in the rain (with plastic sheeting taped over the car to keep the new paint dry) before the MOT the next morning.

The other time was driving along the M4 first thing n the morning, doing silly speeds and a wheel came whizzing by. Yup, my left rear again (only that was the very first time) complete with knave plate/ hub cap, beauty ring and the rear hub! Bearing had failed and chewed its way out of the housing. MK10 Jaguar and it was all totally silent, even the chewing bearing, not a sound and no damage to the car other than the rear bearing housing and lots of expensive bits but the body was fine. That was recovered and repaired at vast expense, the bastard!