Mazda 323 coupe spotted - shown as sold, no other updates

egg

Mr B has spotted a rare 323 Coupe for sale in Cheadle. It was imported from Northern Ireland, but clearly originally comes from a market that uses KM's, It's done a lot of them (KM's that is).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/423960705298526/

He wants £500 for it, I think it should be half that perhaps.

It is a manual, which weren't even sold in the UK as far as I know. So is probably a Unicorn.

I can't take it on, but would be happy to be part of a consortium if we can save it (even if just to MOT and roffle).

Any thoughts?

128245264_10224423297547235_580655028212

128273937_10224423298707264_297762222437

128051279_10224427863061370_369847119608

received_1092141844553679.jpeg

received_3586021961457351.jpeg

image.png

3 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Friggin hell it was '£400 or offers, needs to be gone quick or will be scrapped' yesterday!!!

Yeah, he's also added this to the description:

There has been unbelievable interest in this car so best offer is Gona take it as need what I can get for the owner (had to put a price in the add)

So it may be beyond us...

I'd imagine the 'unbelievable interest' has been the questions from here and a couple of racers wanting to finish it off. 

I agree it appears to be well worth a save though. MOT history doesn't look too scary although emissions have been borderline for last few years. No failures on rot. 

I wouldn't mind throwing a bit into a pot and being part-owner if it helps save it, although being in Cornwall can't really help beyond that.

29 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

@egg Bought it yet? 😆

You know what, if it was within striking distance of Kent, I would do it and flip it for a huge profit*, but the seller seems to be chasing the money and it's £250-£300 transport from there, which puts it out of financial reach.

*by which I mean a massive loss once all the inevitable problems from being laid up reveal themselves.

12 minutes ago, egg said:

You know what, if it was within striking distance of Kent, I would do it and flip it for a huge profit*, but the seller seems to be chasing the money and it's £250-£300 transport from there, which puts it out of financial reach.

*by which I mean a massive loss once all the inevitable problems from being laid up reveal themselves.

Shame, but one of those things. I bet the seller ends up selling it for £150 to a racer because dickhead. 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, HMC said:

The ad says it’s now sold. Mind you it also says it’s the only one in the country.  I would have believed it but for @egg and his research.

Yes it sold about a week ago. I managed to resist, even though I really wanted to save it. Without the pandemic, I would have tried to find a way. Will keep an eye out to see if it hits the road again.

There's no record of the keeper change on carbaba yet, but it still exists on the DVLA as SORN'd.

• egg changed the title to Mazda 323 coupe spotted - shown as sold, no other updates
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Soundwave said:

This has been relisted, still showing as unsold. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/173847754442106/

No sign of V5 being issued recently on DVLA site, so it can be reasonably assumed it didn't sell yet. 

Thanks for that. Good spot. £500 is just too much I think.

Last time he said that it was the only one left, this time he says two left - has he heard about the ex-eggmobile/Vantman's? 😆

I'm curious about this, interested even... but I haven't got space and I'm not sure I can justify getting rid of my solid, MOT'd Rover to make room for an unknown potential basket case. :D And like you say, £500 is a bit steep, and he doesn't look willing to budge.

"First to see will buy at this price"... well, given that the first sale clearly fell through, that's not the case is it?! :D

• 3 weeks later...

And it's back yet again, reduced to £450 and with a threat that it's being broken next week.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/647583739283236

... although given that there's maybe one or two others in the country, I can't see demand for bits being very high!

He's either bluffing (putting the car on ebay and letting the fates decide the price would be more logical) or he's going to end up with an equally unsalable pile of bits for a car nobody has. Apart from the other one on here. :D 

It's a sad sad situation, really. Make it £250-300 and someone would be more likely to have a punt. He could have that money in his pocket, breaking it seems a fools errand.

I think @Vantmancould use the driver's seat out of it - because FLP's has been welded a couple of times, but I think they often fail - so this might have the same issue as it's done more miles.

To be fair if they cleaned it up it would stand more of a chance.

What! Clean a  car, for selling.. madness!

A clean and pricing  it at 300 would see it sell, tho probbaly for only 50 quid more than they are in it for.

That or as said split and  sell some bits for some money but be left with 4/5ths of a car  no one wants and all the wanted bits have been sold. Rarity alone doenst equate to valuable sadly, tho putting some effort into actually cleaning it up and marketing it would help.