The 2020 shite review thread

Eyersey1234

Inspired by a thread on another forum I thought it might be interesting to start a thread on how 2020 has been for us all. For me it has been as follows:

Car(s): 2007 Focus 1.8tdci Estate/2010 Corsa 1.0 (Mrs Eyerseys) 
Mileage:  205k/106k
MOT:  Til June/July
Costs in 2020: £225 new front brakes supplied and fitted, £74 new droplink supplied and fitted, £10 new front wipers, £273 Service, MOT and 3 tyres/Main costs were the MOT fail in July and windscreen 
Highs: Several long journeys completed, doing over 800 miles over a weekend in March. Hitting 200k in July/Hitting 100k earlier in the year
Lows: None I can think of/MOT fail 

Funniest moment None that I can think of at the moment for either car

2021 plans: Keep driving it, several long journeys planned for next year including possibly a trip to Belgium towards the end of the year round some of the WW1 battlefields and cemeteries/Keep driving it, tends to stay fairly local so doubt it will do many long trips

Car(s): 2008 2.0L XTRAIL 2WD, 2012 2.4L XTRAIL 4WD.
Mileage:  260,000KM/80KM
MOT:  WOF until Sept / Feb
Costs in 2020: $17,500 to buy 2.4L [Pliny], $2000 CVT gearbox surgery on 2.0L [Pliny the Elder]
Highs: Finding the perfect 'new' car
Lows: $2000 in rental car costs while Pliny was getting repaired

Funniest moment Remote keyless ignition. Pulled up at home en route to quiz night,jumped out, left engine running. Left work jacket inside with remote fob in pocket. Drove 10 minutes, on country lanes, encountered cows on road. Pulled over, stopped engine. No key, stranded.

2021 plans: cosmetic overhaul of Pliny the Elder, continue using as daily. Pliny is set up for towing, will be used for road trips, gravel rides and emergencies.

DSCN3361.JPG