RichardK's Kapitalist Karz: E36 323i Convertible, X350 XJ6 - Hit the road, Jag!

RichardK

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, stripped fred said:

I thought you had a Fiat pickup?

That was leased and went back in 2019, I would have kept it but “controlling abusive ex and debt”. My current test car is a Hilux but I don’t own or lease a new car anymore…

Not that this is a bad thing. I keep driving this instead of test cars.

266B0512-CCFB-430F-8B47-4FA399F662EC.thumb.jpeg.f06a9c72d4afa29a95f590bf0549a899.jpeg

Polishing this car is like painting the Forth bridge, I swear. It’ll all be done eventually.

Windscreen washers playing up after I changed wipers. I suspect back pressure has caused the pump to fail but the pumps are cheap; now I think this is a good time to chase up the undertray.

B694D75A-A9B1-48CF-ADC5-56846AD99762.jpeg

44E58300-7964-4FB3-A5E0-A2BE6DBFEF55.jpeg

D7E9BC21-F001-4CA2-87B4-A08F2ECBF7DA.jpeg

F5911CBD-8033-4D3B-A123-32F97C56A01E.jpeg

92C05107-DEFD-41A0-9B3B-4B4041F05280.jpeg

I really don’t need three bangers - but the BMW is too nice a concept, the Mazda too small and silly, and the Jaguar is just endearing. I hate it and like it in almost equal measure; if I earned loads of money I’d probably spend a fair bit on it getting everything right.

Definitely prefer X350 to Bentley Arnage/Spur/old Eight/Mulsanne though. If it was the sort of car I wanted, it’s where I’d sink the cash.

Jag washer pumps, "fail" on a regular basis and ironically when they have been lavished with loads of screenwash additive.  I snip the pipe near the bulkhead (to make it convenient) and using a dinky tyre compressor blow down the pipe until the air is spinning the motor. (I then blow the other way to clear the jets).  Join the pipes with a joiner from Amazon or your friendly aquarium shop and that normally does the trick.

That’s what I did apart from the snipping bit - blew down the pipes from the wipers with an inflater gun and the screenwash tank foamed over!

Today’s job: fixing the door lock.

Solution? The spring in the interior door handle is broken. Replace handle or spring.

Still doesn’t answer why the total closure isn’t working on that door but maybe it needs the switch pack connecting. It does lock and unlock on the remote now.

Also good grief that trim did NOT want to come off.

61F42485-3B16-42FC-A3C6-53D4F3D2E85C.jpeg

EA8026A7-1F71-45B3-9F4F-70F36FB33A30.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gadgetgricey said:

Still miss my old X350. If you ever decide to sell drop me a pm.

It's still for sale, I just gave up trying - and indeed, I'm about to try again as I am interested in the RAV4 .

If I don't take it for an MOT or do any more work, £1350 takes it (MOT is up in a month or so); it's just got an XJ6 3.0 SE grille and XJ6 badge, I'm waiting for new tension springs for the inside door handle so the door trim is off, and I'll pop a new washer motor in it if I can't get that unclogged. Will still need the brakes servicing (they stick on a bit after a bit of driving, so the sliding pins need cleaning and greasing and TBH the discs could be nicer anyway), but I think it would pass a reasonable MOT as long as the front undertray is secured.

Just put a new cabin filter in as well.

Annoyingly due to moving house, Jags are no longer an option. 
Too long for the garage, and also my parking space. (Overhangs into single track road used by residents to reach their own space)

Please someone buy this as it looks a beauty and can confirm they drive fantastic.

If i had more funds to throw at duplicate cars, etc. etc. - I do like driving it, a lot, but I can't care and feed for too many luxurious cars at once - and now I'm after a 4x4 the XJ6 has to go to be sensible!