Stolen !!!!

blguy1975

On 11/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, Dick Longbridge said:

Were they stolen from the roadside? There must be someone with CCTV nearby that picked up something of the theft. Bastids.

Unfortunately unless the cctv is broadcast quality (shows unmistakable numberplates and faces), police are not interested, they said. If you find any, put it up on as many forums as you can.  Mine: 

I dont think youcan be too hard on plod for not taking car theft seriuosly, its down to the courts and the soft senences they give out.. The cops get very annoyed when that happens, and it happens frequently. My brother owned a Triunph 1300 in the seventies, stolen by a 17 year old. He wrecked it by turning into a one way street and hitting a coach head on, the car was written off. Comes the court day and the guy asks for 66 other offences to be dealt with at the same time. The sentence? 6 months probation. No fine. Things have not changed very much in the intervening years, soft sentences are still the rule rather than the exception.  I sincerely hope that both cars  will soon be recovered and undamaged. Also, the missing trailer.