cars on album covers

fordpoplier

Just done a check on the Cresta that was in The Specials "Ghost Town" video:The enquiry is completeThe vehicle details for 4218 RO are:Date of Liability 01 07 1985Date of First Registration 01 06 1961Year of Manufacture Not AvailableCylinder Capacity (cc) 2651CCCO2 Emissions Not AvailableFuel Type PetrolExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status UnlicensedVehicle Colour BLACKThat's only 4 years after the vid.

Allegro Panda on this Jam album:

Posted Image

Also, the hearse is a Mk1 Granada 3.0 and in the picture next to the record player, 2 Capris can be seen parked in the street through the window. All this only really shows up if you look closely at the vinyl sleeve.

Bad news about the Cresta, I`d always wondered but never been able to get a clear enough shot of the reg to check properly.

ooh I'm a bit obsessed with Blue Note album design, i could spend hours looking through them. Annoyingly the small selection i own on vinyl don't feature any motors, but here some more that do!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(currently listening to Andrew Hill's superb 'lift every voice')

and here's something altogether more 'shite that i spotted today, no idea what the music is like though

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greenvanman

One of my favourite albums...

Posted Image

There's a picture of what looks like an old Skoda on the back cover as well, but I can't find it anywhere online (and I'm far too lazy to scan my copy).

I've often though that. Strange place to store it I would've though.Maybe he was adjusting the points prior to his sacrifice? Giving the spark plugs a quick re-gapping before his untimely death?Can I say I played this album to death and went through 3 CD's. I saw them in 1993 and it was a 'life changing moment'. :oops: