Chad the Transit Minibus - sadly for sale

SmokinWaffle

• 3 months later...

Situation has changed fairly wildly in the last few months which means I might be better off getting rid of this and focusing the money more sensibly. Been a sad decision by me and my other half. 

Now, comes the question of the sensitivities. I got it for £120, you all know that, paid for the welding report, got a wheel clamp for it, put a chunk of my own time for it, so I'm not looking to flip it for an easy profit, and you all know that. But, money is the reason I'm selling it - and know they're worth a certain amount to a certain group, be it for spares or export. Which id rather not do, but money is money. 

So the question is, does anyone on AS want a pop at it for a reasonable rate? 

Your van, your property, your shout. 

Just don’t do “putting feelers out” or “place holder” or whatever. Select a price and advertise it for sale. Someone will either buy it or they won’t. 

Good luck. Seems a shame to bail but it’s not all rainbows and unicorns. 

Saw a mk5 shunter working between the breakers and the weighbridge yesterday morn DI barking though open pipe coming up behind the cab. That and this has brought me over a little misty eyed. Such great vans hope it gets saved. Had a bunch of mk5s including a swb minibus like this. Many smiles in driving, destinations and shenanigans in the back of them. Am sadly  out due to a whole bunch of reasons/excuses 😴

could try the transit forum if no one here takes it on.

4 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Your van, your property, your shout. 

Just don’t do “putting feelers out” or “place holder” or whatever. Select a price and advertise it for sale. Someone will either buy it or they won’t. 

Good luck. Seems a shame to bail but it’s not all rainbows and unicorns. 

Sadly not, life just moves on quickly sometimes! Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Saw a mk5 shunter working between the breakers and the weighbridge yesterday morn DI barking though open pipe coming up behind the cab. That and this has brought me over a little misty eyed. Such great vans hope it gets saved. Had a bunch of mk5s including a swb minibus like this. Many smiles in driving, destinations and shenanigans in the back of them. Am sadly  out due to a whole bunch of reasons/excuses 😴

could try the transit forum if no one here takes it on.

Hoping it gets saved too. The same place that gave me £250 for my Fist Bravo with HGF will give me £315, so I imagine £300 is about right. Easily worth more in spares. 

I did briefly put it on a transit Facebook page hoping for a value idea, and the first comment was along the lines of "itz worf wot u paid when u got it", and people asking what I paid, sour grapes without the mention of money, so I just deleted it 

• SmokinWaffle changed the title to Chad the Transit Minibus - sadly for sale
21 hours ago, SmokinWaffle said:

the first comment was along the lines of "itz worf wot u paid when u got it", and people asking what I paid, sour grapes without the mention of money, so I just deleted it 

That kind of attitude really pisses me off and it's rife in the classic car world. Classic cars are like antiques, a market my family have been in for a few generations, you need to have the knowledge, the money and the luck to buy the item. You've got to be in the right place at the right time. Being smart will get you to the right place, but the right time is pure luck.

It's exactly the same with cars, if you spend the time looking and you know what you're looking for, you'll find a gem every now and then and you'll be able to turn a profit if you so desire. I wasn't out looking at rusty Transits, so I didn't find and buy one cheap, so I can't turn around and make some money on it, that's life! Fine, offer it cheap to your mates, or people on here, but that's at your discretion and the wider community can pay the market rate - they'd charge you the same, that's why it's the market rate.

It's all just sour grapes, as you say.