Crap jobs.

DaveDorson

1 minute ago, bunglebus said:

It would be funny if those two clowns were the only people who got to drive their abortions, around an empty airfield. But they were intended to be driven on public roads, by people non the wiser to their bodgery.

Also gives people who work on cars and do mods a bad name

I would like to know how they were SVA’d. I recall Bernie saying that they were.

He was just playing a character, BTW.

20 hours ago, gm said:

I spent two hours fannying on mocking up a wheel spacer in mdf instead of running brake lines on the exo :) 

89D663C8-65E3-4F4A-B1A8-508796211A27.thumb.jpeg.6c7aab1df9b05fea79a38f42f36dc98a.jpeg

352E789A-D3EC-4589-ACD3-FE54A7757B2A.thumb.jpeg.58f1491632732dbafe1ffe0587fa2209.jpeg

in my defence, it did confirm the size I am needing to order is correct 

I really wish I'd done this before ordering some spacers-see my T5 thread...

https://autoshite.com/topic/33874-my-t5-not-scene/page/4/      (scroll to the bottom)

So it's Friday..

I've not even managed to get to the workshop.

The Mondeo has new oil and a new filter and I decided today to tackle the leaking flexi section I've had since the MOT a while ago when Nick told me it's fucked.

Unfortunately the car has a "bespoke" stainless exhaust with a sports cat, as such the mild steel Flexi I have doesn't fit.. 

Infact being stainless I can't even chop the section out the new one and and weld it into the old one, and annoyingly the people who made this wonderful stainless exhaust stuck the flexi about a gnats dick from the bracket so I can't even use a slip on flexible section.

Obviously my welder is down the unit along with all my cutting gear so all I have here is a jnr hacksaw that I can't make a straight cut with because it barely holds a blade let alone with any tension.

And even if I could sleeve with a slip joint to extend, the flange to the sports cat isn't straight on the bespoke section as it is on a stock one.

Fucking clown shoe modified exhaust companies.

received_3538620432843944.jpeg

Also to add, the "quality" of this supposed sports exhaust is terrible.

Kinked bends that will mangle any flow, flanges welded on the piss with bits of pipe stubbed through so your exhaust gas whacks into a sharp edge and flows around a bit rather than a straight exit, basically absolute shite, the "stock" part is actually better designed and will flow better, which annoys me greatly and reminds me why I tend to do everything my bloody self.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, Out Run said:

Cant be arsed to fill the gaps in my skirting.

Tedious stuff.

76652CF7-DC85-4C0C-BFC5-E6B1273567BE.png

i finally completed the same job.  only 6 years after i finished fitting the floor and skirting.  a fecebook memory of me completing the floor guilt tripped me into doing it lol

Went down the unit today.. got distracted by some brembo 728i 4 pot calipers I bought for the Mondeo and never fitted.

Converted them for use with the Mondeo (new link pipes, relocated bleed nipples) and re tapped some shady threads in them after fighting out some stuck fast bolts.

Then chopped the stainless Flexi out the old exhaust and rectified some bad finishing on the pipe so I can reuse it when a new stainless flexible section arrives late next week.

I did for a long time and add I worked through lockdown in a pressurised environment I found myself coming home and generally just gouching about watching the news to find out when we were going to be out of lockdown. 

Started/completed a project out the front of the house and it's just spurred me on to get all the stuff done that's needed doing for years, the feeling after a major sort out is amazing, like a huge weight had been lifted off my mind. 

Need to sort chod now as I've got 2 or 3 cars I really don't need anymore, time I work out tax/insurance etc in literally wasting money on nothing. 

56 minutes ago, omegod said:

Johnny Vegas said recently the Subaru monstrosity they built for him was condemned by his own mechanics as a total death trap and was scrapped 

I remember him writing about it on  Twitter.  Something along the lines of the only payment he got for doing the show was to keep the piece of shit that would have been a death trap IF it had actually run.

And the best acting he’s ever done was looking happy at the handover. Slagged off the production company too.

41 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Wash my car. I’ve only washed the Fiat twice since I bought it some years ago. I fucking hate cleaning cars.

There's an automatic drive through car wash near us that costs £1.50, I think buying a bucket and some car shampoo would set me back more than that. 

3 minutes ago, 1duck said:

There's an automatic drive through car wash near us that costs £1.50, I think buying a bucket and some car shampoo would set me back more than that. 

Was that an IMO?. I used the one near me 3 weeks ago and had the taxi driver special £1.50 job. It was right near the supermarket and I needed a quid for the trolley but only had notes on me, so I called in imo first.

For a bog standard 'an car' it's hard to beat for time and money.

8 minutes ago, Agila said:

Was that an IMO?. I used the one near me 3 weeks ago and had the taxi driver special £1.50 job. It was right near the supermarket and I needed a quid for the trolley but only had notes on me, so I called in imo first.

For a bog standard 'an car' it's hard to beat for time and money.

I'm not sure, it was big and blue? I wouldn't stick a brand new porsche through it, but for the chod i roll about in i think it does a perfectly reasonable job without me even getting out to get cold and wet.

Edit: apparently it's an ARC car wash, but yeah just a big automated jobby.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:16 AM, Tetleysmooth said:

I've got absolutely no mo-jo whatsoever for working on cars at the moment. That's got to change this coming weekend though as Mrs Tet's Pajero now needs rear brake pads. Got all the parts on order, pads, fitting kit and brake grease. Not looking forward to it though. At 67 and still working five days a week, I really don't want to do anything at weekends. Might take a few days off if required though. I'm only an agency driver now.

Well, I took a couple of days off, and ended up putting together flat pack furniture. Absolute fecking nightmare as only 2 parts out of a total of 950,000 were numbered. Just sitting there thinking 'is that the part in the picture'. It came together in the end though. Mrs Tet's Pajero rear brakes still not done. They'll have to wait until next weekend now. Oh joy.