Crap jobs.

DaveDorson

I've got a week off from the day job so I'm going to be heading down the unit to tick off some of the crap jobs I've been putting off, like organising my container, sorting through the "when I get round to it" pile and cleaning up and labeling stuff I don't want or need for sale and getting it sold and sorting out the scrap that's left over for weigh in.

Decided to get a jump on it this evening by ignoring all that and starting to refurbish some wheels.

Anyone else keep putting off the shit jobs..  

IMG_20201115_172927899.jpg

IMG_20201115_174804494.jpg

IMG_20201115_172700908.jpg

IMG_20201115_172656775.jpg

Yes. It's close to three years since I took apart a Marantz double deck to change the belts. It's still opened, belts next to it. And also about three years since I bought an amplifier kit of AliExpress, which is still to get inside a box, next to the transformer I bough an year ago to power it up. Should I mention reinstalling windows on a machine, and taking apart a laptop to change it's supply port?

Currently need to send the gearbag from the camper off to be refurbished, but a house renovation has seen the camper sadly ignored for the last 6 months or so. Whenever I seem to get a moment to wield the spanners, one of our everyday cars needs attention. The last one was the Fox from Kiltox which needed the oil leak fixing before it went to a relative.

I must make time for the camper before the winter really sets in, this thread has given me (well deserved) guilt

Expanding foam'd a hole in the conservatory today. Hateful sticky bastard stuff. Also tried to put some sealant on where a pipe goes to the outside tap to stop a slow water ingress - also hateful sticky bastard stuff.

Sealed up a gap inbetween the panels of my garage with aforementioned hateful sticky bastard stuff - that was actually quite satisfying at least.

I've got absolutely no mo-jo whatsoever for working on cars at the moment. That's got to change this coming weekend though as Mrs Tet's Pajero now needs rear brake pads. Got all the parts on order, pads, fitting kit and brake grease. Not looking forward to it though. At 67 and still working five days a week, I really don't want to do anything at weekends. Might take a few days off if required though. I'm only an agency driver now.

Yep. I'm about half* way through fitting 2nd hand kitchen units worktops and a sink in the outhouse so I can use it as a workshop. It's a PITA as I have to move all the crap around like some demented puzzle to put each unit in place and it's irritating. Spent all weekend achieving nothing instead.

Oh where to start....there's the rear wiper blade for Mrs Jetter's Toyota Horace sitting here in my home-office, in it's box. I bought it as the blade is a bit flappy at one end. It's passed 2 MOT's since the blade has been sat here...bathroom heater bought new, probably out of warranty now, still in it's box...curtain rail...etc etc etc. Then there's the 5-year plan for work - still not yet completely fulfilled - drawn up in 1991...

I am putting off the job of scrapping my beloved "Giallo Tropici" 1998 Lancia Y 1.1. The little thing served me very well and organizing a tow truck seems like driving the last nail to her coffin.

It must be said her body is already rotten, the bones are showing and the changes are irreversible.

7 minutes ago, Out Run said:

It was hilarious

Hmm. Questionable, probably dangerous modifications to cars for people that didn't have a clue how the cars were built. I didn't find any of it funny. Bet none of those cars are still on the road - I know the Saab isn't cos it got smashed up then run over by a monster truck to put it out of its misery

2 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Hmm. Questionable, probably dangerous modifications to cars for people that didn't have a clue how the cars were built. I didn't find any of it funny. Bet none of those cars are still on the road - I know the Saab isn't cos it got smashed up then run over by a monster truck to put it out of its misery

I found it funny cos I like to watch bodging and you don’t get to see it at a higher level than that, on Discovery.

Kemp’s Gangster SAAB was such a dangerous and ugly POS. How could you not laugh at that?

I’d say the Jet 1 rep. may still be around.

“Chop it!”

It would be funny if those two clowns were the only people who got to drive their abortions, around an empty airfield. But they were intended to be driven on public roads, by people non the wiser to their bodgery.

Also gives people who work on cars and do mods a bad name