Show me ya shite!

trigger

Wow - just saw that last post - nice one Hudson! Good to 'meet' ye! We have a growing 323 clan!!Is there an owner's club? Or are they just too shite?

Thanks mate and Trigger..........yep its a Mazda 323 1500 estate. Same as Hirsts... Its off the road at the moment. I only know of four others at present bit of a pain for bits but theres no way Im getting rid of it.

Whooah there - Sierra overload :D !

Are the Mk1's keepers?

I love the colours - beige and dark brown. Kind of like the last vestiges of the 70s linked to a very 1980s car!

All the Mk1's are good ones the red one won best hatch at the FSOC national day in 2007

Posted Image

I have 2 other mk1's too here is one of them

Posted Image

I collect Scorpio's too :oops::lol:

Hey Vic, what was the reg on yer blue 323? Mines E166 VKE - and the other week another identical (colour and all 323LX sold on the bay for 170 clams - Reg E106 VKE. Woulda been nice to have one of it's brothers!I know the numbers were 747, and it was a GLX Executive, so not that one. In all I sold this car 4 times, and the last time it went was in 2007,with a new exhaust and the back arches & valance professionally resprayed, with 54,000 miles and full Mazda history, so I could almost kid myself into thinking it might still be around, but in this unfriendly world it`s probably not that likely.

Here are my pair- first up, the weekday runabout- Fiat Panda 30 with mighty 652cc 2 cylinder powah

Posted Image

Can I just say MrSteve that this just makes me go all giddy 8) And beige to boot....

I assume you've been able to get MK1 RHD headlights, as from experience they are as rare as black budgies

Nice work MrSteve, Very Impressed.

A previous spot of mine, this is now sitting on my driveway, having collected it yesterday evening:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's the ideally-specced 2.2 Sport manual I have been after for ages and in the end it came from nearby Bury St Edmunds. 65k and two owners from new, and originally sold and serviced by the local dealers who I now do drawing work for (not the usual Toyota pre-reg thing). While not cheap, I haven't seen any of this generation under £500 (most are somewhat more) and I'm hoping the low mileage means this will be a car I can keep for a few years and not feel bad about the undoubted expense of parts etc.

It does need a few odds and ends doing over the next month or two but it felt very composed on the steady drive home on wet roads. As I was hoping, it feels a bigger, more solid car than the Primera. Torquey engine too.

Thanks!Yes, I think the engine (2164cc IIRC) is the same as that in my old estate. Hence my recent PM to you Wuv's...I paid £900 for it. It's something I want to act as my daily for a few years, the faithful back-up to whatever else comes and goes (aside from the Laurel, of course). Once I've got one or two things sorted I feel it's much more 'me' as a daily than the Primera would have been. Mrs SL is more than happy with that, so we're sorted.The wheels arguably are a little bling, they're 17" jobs. I wondered if doing them a slightly darker colour might tone them down? They'll soon be filthy anyhow...Same relaxed feel as the Camry estate had, and why I like these so much is despite their heft and size the 2.2 doesn't feel overwhelmed yet still gives half reasonable economy. It'll be interesting to see how the sport suspension and big wheels and tyres change things. I read criticism of it being a bit firm, but it feels no worse than the Primera.Has leather interior, climate control, etc. Sadly no heated seats or mirrors which I've come to appreciate on the Primera. Even the Bluebirds had heated mirrors! Rear seats fold-down, so I can still use it for picking up lengths of timber etc.I'm keen to see what these can tow, if I feel it is a keeper than a towbar might be worthwhile.Now got to keep fingers crossed that my insurance certificate turns up soon so I can get it taxed and use it properly!It would be of extra appeal to Hirst* as it has a Kenwood Minidisc player fitted! What am I supposed to do with that? Easiest thing will be to chuck my JVC head unit and 12-CD changer into it.I reserve the right to be less enthusiastic if it gives me grief when I start putting it into everyday use, as it has stood for a few months. But I think the overall condition will warrant that, should it happen. *Though I suspect he'd prefer the non-sport version.

It would be of extra appeal to Hirst* as it has a Kenwood Minidisc player fitted! What am I supposed to do with that?

Get some Minidiscs, they're cassettes of the future - I love em!

Thats a smart looking Camry. I really can't recalling seeing many at all. The wheels are horrid, but I guess most cars of that period had cheap looking alloys. I'd keep them for the winter and then treat yourself to something when the weather settles. I might well have a duplicate brochure for this specific model - I'll try and dig it out for you.

Hi,

we got new shite! ;)

This is my brother checking out his Christmas present Renault 21 Nevada (Savanna). It is very clean GTS Symphony with original remote controlled tape player and yellow foglights. I had to get its engine subframe changed for a new MOT, apart from that it is perfect.

The other is of course my trusty Renault 25 Tdx approaching 500.000 ks. :)

Posted Image

Looks miserable and cold but like straight from the early 90's ;)

Daniel

My jap custom van Hi-Ace which was at one point my daily :lol:

Posted Image

:wink:

Jaysis.

Now I'm not one fer slaggin people off fer their taste. And ye gods only know you'd hate the shit I'm into - music/lifestyle etc etc.

But.

Ummm...

Well...

Uhhh, I dunno.