Out of sight out of mind

montytom

As lockdown is starting again. My work is getting manic again. I deliver linen and scrubs etc to hospitals in either a rigid or artic lorry.

My 75 project has ground to a halt really.

I have bought a set of abs loom plugs so should now have the abs working again.

My focus st has been a fun thing and in gear acceleration I'm pretty sure not much will stay with it. I've had it tuned to 310bhp and 370 ft lbs torque. I had it on the rolling road and the tester said it was a maniac.

The one car that I feel so bad for is my rover 800 vitesse. It currently has my aubergine rover 75 carpet on the bonnet and roof. 

We have started it up every now and again and it's still lovely and starts straight away.

Thing is I've been so busy this year and I feel awful neglecting the thing. 

I'm about to purchase a set of sills for it as the drivers rear has gone soft. 

The car is in my garage so it is not getting any worse. 

Does anyone else have the issue I have? Am I being lazy?

My plan is to get the vitesse back on the road next year then the year after a full on respray. A couple of pictures to make up for the monotony of my post

1597517962249.jpg

20200613_102638.jpg

20160605_130236.jpg

20151011_154159.jpg

20151011_154121.jpg

20151011_154754.jpg

6 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

I think most shiters have an abandoned puppy lying around somewhere. My 214 is about 5 miles away in a garage. I went to visit it a few months back. Still there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had to get the battery tester out yesterday and saw it there and felt quite guilty to be honest poor thing. 

My dad keeps saying that it's better in the garage than just rotting somewhere

Distractions come in all shapes and sizes and I'm as guilty as many for keeping vehicles without actually sorting them out. Currently, I have a '67 Peugeot moped, owned since new but not used or run for nearly 30 years. It only* needs the ignition sorting out. Work, marriage, kids were the excuse for not making any progress with it. You'd think that being retired for over 12 years would have given an opportunity. Nope!  My '61 Reliant is less needy, only requiring either a new ethanol compatible diaphragm in its fuel pump or fitting an electric pump which I bought about 7 years ago for the purpose. Meanwhile it sits out of sight in the garage for months on end. The excuse here is my increasing lack of agility. The result is that the Reliant has driven less than 100 miles in the last few years. To resolve these issues, the Peugeot may go to my brother. He foolishly mentioned slight interest in it the other day, thinking that living near the tip of Cornwall protected him in some way. Next year he may get a delivery.  The Reliant may be sold next year. We'll see.