My new e-furty [SOLD]

JJ0063

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The purists will hate me but I went for coilovers and I don’t regret it. Probably the easiest suspension change I’ve ever done too which is great for when I eventually put it back to standard again! 

Did find quite a horrible rust hole in the inner drivers side rear arch which will need cutting and plating but does look easily accessible. 

I cocked the front up slightly so need to take it back off to switch the adjuster round, should then bring the front down ever so slightly more.. I may raise the rear slightly but it’s nowhere near rubbing and I hate to say it but I do like the scene-kid-stancey-boi look it has now. 

92E2D684-613B-47F9-81ED-A0A91B3D0628.jpeg

1 hour ago, SiC said:

I presume this is old enough to have Lithium cells in the dash, unlike the leaky NiCads that are in my E28?

I believe so, I did look at replacing them but me and soldering don’t really go together and according to the YouTube tutorial, it’s fairly involved! 

Finally finished the coilovers, I’m going to give it a couple of weeks to settle but the rear is going to have to be raised a bit as the front is as low as it goes so currently looks like it’s dipping it’s arse. The sump is also stupidly low.. I can fit my fist under it that’s it.. apparently you can get engine raisers for these though. 

also fitted the new AS sticker but it’s made me realise the other one is wonky. 

CD9C2DC9-BE1B-4E73-BD6F-A22C5FFD0D53.jpeg

3F97EEEA-707B-4CC7-A440-10659378A78A.jpeg

ECEEE9E7-6B2C-4D87-B722-32AE8AC50908.jpeg

00864A1B-5975-4D26-A5DE-7CAC7B046690.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Arthur Foxhake said:

Looks good, will look better when you raise the arse a bit.

Agreed, just going to leave it for a week or so now it’s all fitted so it can settle and find it’s height. I’ll then adjust anything that needs it next weekend - I imagine I’ll leave the front as is and just raise the rear to match it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, SRi05 said:

That's a gorgeous motor. These old BMW's have aged very gracefully

Every time I drive it, I’d forgotten how nice it is to drive. Honestly I’ve driven 10 year old cars that drive nowhere near as nice as this 33 year old gem does. So nice.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, bunglebus said:

Stance and wheels are perfect!

Love an E30, I'll have to blag a drive of my boss's 325 on the one day a year it comes out of storage

FB_IMG_1624182713476.jpg

That looks a bit special, I like.

😄.  That looks like a toy in comparison.

Strangely I was just thinking this yesterday regards my w210 e class. Looking back at it in the car park it didn't look that wide or as imposing as say a new focus. 

I checked the dimensions out of curiosity. The e class was lower and narrower!

Screenshot_20210703-080719_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-080842_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/06/2021 at 10:52, bunglebus said:

Stance and wheels are perfect!

Love an E30, I'll have to blag a drive of my boss's 325 on the one day a year it comes out of storage

Well it's out from under its cover today at least

20210727_104649.thumb.jpg.c4e93ac02d8b59b1652680543b6476e2.jpg20210727_104707.thumb.jpg.6cc82c27a9e10d5dd04e5f9afa9d58ed.jpg

No drive for me though 

• 1 month later...

Sold it. 

Was costing me £20 odd a month in tax to just sit there barely being used. Had a lot of expense lately in other areas of life so decided to eBay it. Tried my luck at 5.5k thinking I’d eventually let it go for about a grand less but the first person to view spent nearly 2hrs at my house jacking it up and going through it.. then paid me the full asking price.

This will be a car I’ll always miss but I felt I let it go for the right reasons rather than just being bored of it. Also made over £2.5k profit which is nice.

• JJ0063 changed the title to My new e-furty [SOLD]

Great sale - I think that was a good buy and nice you did well out of it too.  I’ve driven further in mine this weekend than last 3 years and it drove great.  It’s having the cam belt done this week as like yours its been a while and I want the peace of mind!

8 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Well done on the sale.

Not many years ago this would have been frag fodder or only seen as fit for a 325 conversion due to it being a 4 pot auto. Great to see it finally being valued as it is.

This was a manual but yeah totally agree. I could have sold it ten times over too, had over 200 eBay watchers and I had in excess of 40 messages about it too. Someone even offered £250 over the asking price to let them come first but I’d already agreed the viewing with the chap who bought it and I'm not a cunt.