What did you drive today on your last day before tomorrow’s house arrest?

Six-cylinder

Will be continuing to work throughout, so the Mondeo will be in regular use with the Bluebird as backup/for variety. Being wintery, the Capri will probably not be out and about too much, but I'll attempt to give it a few decent runs during the month.

Drove my Audi Quattro to work, came home early to get in Mrs Rusty's vw Touran to do some essential pre lockdown  shopping,  an Allegro 2 door rear quarter panel n,o,s,  then a lupo SDI subframe with bonus new steering rack then home at quarter past lockdown, left a 4 p,m and it took way longer than anticipated due to the M25 

Still working as a cycle mechanic, essential business so still open. 13 mile commute each way and have a choice of motorway or twisties. 

I'm driving the MX5 for everything at the moment because I'm struggling to re-mount the Civic's gearbox. 

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Still working as a cycle mechanic, essential business so still open. 13 mile commute each way and have a choice of motorway or twisties. 

I'm driving the MX5 for everything at the moment because I'm struggling to re-mount the Civic's gearbox. 

You should be cycling.  Showing the customers commitment to the cause. 

12 hours ago, Vince70 said:

Mine was picking my beautiful Ti up from the spray shop as I had a small rust bubble on the front wing and a little bit of lacquer peel on the rear bumper so I had a new wing fitted and the rear bumper repainted.

The car now looks as good as new.

Also while it was away I needed a car to use so got my old R50 out of its 7 month slumber and taxed it so I could pop over and take my mother shopping.

492C6E36-A2C7-4A21-B368-DFBF6B718C68.jpeg

A8505BB3-BB96-4A02-A73D-B33EDDB3AD48.jpeg

When you said "beautiful Ti" I had visions of this, not some dumpy German thing. Not cool!😄Alfa-Romeo-Alfasud-Ti-MK3-Quadrifoglio-Verde-1.thumb.jpg.fb351998dc1c9f73eaa20aeb0c8d89e8.jpg

12 hours ago, wuvvum said:

This evening I went to Lathams of Potter Heigham in the Granvia to try and buy a tarpaulin (they'd sold out).  

I used to go there frequently during the 1990s with my parents. I liked going to the amusement arcade beside the bridge. 

I didn't use my car yesterday, instead walked to and from work to get some much needed exercise. As an NHS employee it's business as usual for me as per the first lockdown. 

Edited by ProgRocker
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

No, that is Mrs6C. Are you a cider maker?

Mrs6C posts cider stuff in non motoring - home brew thread.

At our "Field of Dreams" events Mrs6C provides her cider for the guests who like cider. 

Not myself - but I spend a lot time in Normandy which is cider central. The C15 goes there too from time to time. These are such great little vehicles. Does your heater blower work?

27 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Not myself - but I spend a lot time in Normandy which is cider central. The C15 goes there too from time to time. These are such great little vehicles. Does your heater blower work?

Our heater fan does work, this is a used replacement as the original seized and smoke came out of the vents. Hard to find as they all break. 

300 miles in the Combo, on a delivery into that London (Sarf of the river, just) - what would normally take no more than 6 hours took 10 (there and back).

Journey was doomed at every step - lorry fire on the M11 on the way down meant diversions ahoy via A1, A10, M25. Journey back from Tower Bridge took near enough six hours - Central London itself was not too bad given it was rush hour, but the M1 was a disaster zone - three separate crashes causing about a 50 minute delay at each stop. Knew I should have stayed on the A1....

Of course, the Combo will continue to be my steed of choice for my job. I'm mothballing the 620 and 420 (batteries off, handbrakes off) and using the Streetwise for shopping runs.

Took the Jag for a gentle trundle round the block and over to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  As it was due to drop below freezing last night guessing it's the last day before we'll have salt on the roads here so will be its last trip out before the winter anyway - the nearly square front tyres mean going north of 30mph isn't really sensible anyway.  It rewarded me by decanting about two litres of water out of the heater ducts over my feet the first time I turned right.

Lovely.  The interior was already wet enough before that.  I really wish I had somewhere under cover I could store it over the winter.

In firm respect to 'Lockdown Regulations' >>>

Point 1 .     Leave house only for food.

>>>>> drove from Newcastle via Prudhoe and Corbridge to Hexham. Shopping @Tesco [+ 2 meal deals], Picnic in car & run home along Roman road.

Never saw a soul... Fully masked... Essential foods purchased ;)

*oh.... Car is a Dream.