What did you drive today on your last day before tomorrow’s house arrest?

Six-cylinder

• Six-cylinder changed the title to What did you drive today on your last day before tomorrow’s house arrest?

@Six-cylinder was discreet enough not to mention it but today he also drove this:

20200420_173706.thumb.jpg.6ad32d4ea5c0ac8a87e993b4930c8ec9.jpg

Yes, the saved from the scrapman Mondeo finally hit the road again after 7 years of inactivity to go for an MoT. He drove it there and back for me which was only about a mile each way, but he said that he enjoyed it very much as he had not driven a Mondeo for many years.
Needless to say it failed, as I knew it would, but at least I now know what I am up against.

With perfect timing , I’ve started working* for NHS Test and Trace. It involves setting up and telling people what to do. ( through a mask and a closed car window) so I’ll be out most days.  This is pretty much what you saw the Army doing on the news earlier in the year- so basically I’m a cross between Andy Mcnab and Dr Ross out of ER, people will be clapping me on Tuesdays too.

Anyway, I’ll be using a different car each day, only a 4 day on 4 day off rotation, luckily, as I don’t own Chez6cyl levels of cars.

In the previous lockdown.  I ignored the omega for months, until, I was assisted by @MikeRand @omegod to eventually get it going.  I'm not making that mistake again. 

I'm working from home, but i used the omega today for a 2 mile round trip to the seaside.  I reckon  15 mpg in petrol when the engine is cold. 

I never actually got to see the sea. We stayed in the woods out of the wind. 

Might need to go to Uttoxeter next week.  My work is in Hinckley, and I need to do some work on a Hmmmwv. and the regulations are clear.  I can go to a second home in order to work. 

And

I can go to a second home if the trip is related to selling it or letting it out. 

I can still have the joys of travelling to work ... Despite nearly walking out today ... In that I have decided to walk in the new year and claim my deferred pension and fuck them off , it's a year earlier than I wanted ....   But after this year it sound good .

Today I mostly drove the Grand Voyager to do some panic-buying of timber, paint, brushes and sundry DIY items. Then later I drove the pink Corsa of despair up to ChodWeaver Jnr #1 (only 40 houses away though) so he had it to hand for key worker activity tonight (takeaway food delivery) but also so I could have a furtle with the borked POS system he was playing with.

Fixed it too!

ETA The hat trick! Got called in to work to scoop up some late deliveries and as Jnr #1 was already using the Corsa, these had to be done in Mrs CW's Highanddry i20. God, I've missed driving a nippy manual, even if it does have shit visibility for reversing and the default dash illumination level is WAY too bright.

My daughter visited today, so I stayed in. Tomorrow I'll be driving the Mirage to hospital for a joyous* catheter change. On a better note, heard today that the Tipo's welding and MOT is still going ahead on 16th Nov.  My son's place of work is also staying open, so he will drive it there - it's nearby-  to avoid me being put in the Tower.

Mine was picking my beautiful Ti up from the spray shop as I had a small rust bubble on the front wing and a little bit of lacquer peel on the rear bumper so I had a new wing fitted and the rear bumper repainted.

The car now looks as good as new.

Also while it was away I needed a car to use so got my old R50 out of its 7 month slumber and taxed it so I could pop over and take my mother shopping.

492C6E36-A2C7-4A21-B368-DFBF6B718C68.jpeg

A8505BB3-BB96-4A02-A73D-B33EDDB3AD48.jpeg

At lunchtime I drove the Rover 75 up the road to jump start the Scudo.  Then I drove the Scudo to the scrapyard.  Then I drove home from the scrapyard in the Mondeo, which had been strategically parked round the corner.  This evening I went to Lathams of Potter Heigham in the Granvia to try and buy a tarpaulin (they'd sold out).  Then I drove to Tesco in the C2.

So not done badly really for a weekday.