Secret Santa 20.....My work this year is done

95 quid Peugeot

19 minutes ago, The Moog said:

Love to see the £5-10 limit has been very much ignored throughout, in pursuit of shiteness

Indeed, I feel for the poor shiter that received my more or less in budget offering...

to be fair, they missed out on a free brake winding kit and a brake fluid tester I’d earmarked as surplus because I’ve rearranged the garage and couldn’t find them again. 🙄

Indeed, I feel for the poor shiter that received my more or less in budget offering...
to be fair, they missed out on a free brake winding kit and a brake fluid tester I’d earmarked as surplus because I’ve rearranged the garage and couldn’t find them again.
Always next year :-)

20 hours ago, Spurious said:

I'm feel bad now that I didn't push beyond that, even my packaging was el cheapo. 😔

I wouldn't feel bad, I stuck to the limit too. Some in the past have recycled stuff they no longer use. 

Everyone who has posted so far seems to be pleased with some good things.

I like getting something someone has owned but either didn't use or no longer has a use for it.

The Parkside workbench I received last year has been used one hell of a lot since I moved into my new place.

*Nothing received this year (so far) which I put down to couriers/Post Office and the distance involved. If nothing turns up, well, no matter, as i know that someone went to the trouble of getting whatever wrapped and into the post. It is the thought that counts to me.

My elves are happy to wrap up what you all send me for dispatch.

I think we all realise, more so this year, we're not all in the same boat financially,  and it's nice just to receive something fun, which after all is why we do it, i dont think in all honesty anyone is fussed with costs or having a price pissing up the wall competition. 

Im glad we've all had a good Christmas, and here to participate. 

Ta till next year.

Santa

Just wanted to say thank you to the thoughtful Santa who got me the Lada from the bond films. Even the wife was impressed.

Less impressed am I at my gift not being sent yet. So if you're waiting for one, it'll be with you in the new year. Sorry about that but 2020 is really a shitter of a year. 

6 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

To increase the rarity and highlight the attention to detail this is a replica of the famous* NASCAR SD-928.
The chassis alignment is just like a real NASCAR.
Apart from a tiny dab of OPPO just before you crash into the concrete wall anyway, it can only make left turns.

50791079383_f5b3c6d7b2_z.jpg

Clearly assembly of the joint Porsche / Rover venture was left to the BL Friday afternoon club 

Although values have dipped somewhat lately the steamers are still quite valuable so theft is always a concern. Fortunately Secret Santa came to the rescue. We can sleep soundly now.

50805566578_92756a282a_o.jpg

He also gave me some handy pamphlets to help me choose my next Talbot or Lancia so thanks for that.

*Wasn't being rude but I'd forgotten I'd got it delivered to my office and I only came back to work yesterday.

THE SECRET SANTA THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

in the post today came more stuff from my secret Santa - a fine lapel badge and a sticker - many thanks!

And just to prove I use stuff, here is the Saab keyring attached to an actual Saab key!

06AA055E-4716-4CA8-9F3A-D1971C19E8BD.jpeg

A7A204A2-740C-4275-A978-EF81A0EDE133.jpeg

55FCB150-5E63-4A8F-BA40-22FD21C51936.jpeg

Many thanks for my Secret Santa, this was actually a genuinely nice present to open.  I was impressed with the Matchbox Transit dropside, my Grandfather drove one when he worked at Dibbens a long time ago.  I love the multicoloured cable ties, these have been pressed into service at work already.

Sorry, postie managed to only just deliver it, despite the postmarked date.  I think the local delivery office has struggled lately.

20210108_175234758_iOS.jpg

20210108_175245428_iOS.jpg

• 3 weeks later...