turning japanise got another autoshite to play with lol,its rare and a coupe

antony denman

• 1 month later...

been busy yesteday gearbox is out.the clutch was knackered,new clutch needs holes were dowle locate needs drilling out bigger,cant get to my drills car in the way lol,its on axle stands,found it very therapeutic took my mind off whats going on being under house  arrest lol,lockdown as they call it,loads off clutch dust so going get some brake cleaning fliud.The floor off the mazda has never been touched its unreal so while gearbox is out will underseal it,my laptop wont let me upload pics up,hopefully next week it be back on the highway take it down coast rd,get my daughter look at laptop see she fix it put pics up,it took all day get it out the bolts were at back off the engine couldent get the sockets in or rachets spanner had use good old fashion ring spanners and starter sits at top off the engine what fun i had there brill,bag and taged all bolts what  a sad git,up date fitters at work are going to use pillar drill drill holes out for me,

Edited by antony denman
update

• 1 month later...

right its been abslute nitmare bought 2 clutches,clutchplates and bearings were right,but pressure plate were wrong 1st one to wide,2nd one to small,then a pressure plate  turned up on ebay nos bought its a borg and beck one and put it in and its fit,so the 2nd clutch kit i used as that was a borg and beck one,sure 2nd clutch i bought its a 1600 pressure plate as being a bit to small anyway hopefully get gear box back in hooray,just wished i had a bigger garage.bloody japcrap

DSC00999.JPG

DSC01000.JPG

DSC01002.JPG

pressure plate is same as 929 and looking at box it looks like really old stock looks like been ligging for 40 odd years,am just happy it fits.the  one i drill looked right but it wasent the clutch flapping like good un,2nd one was just bit to small,anyway it hit me in the pocket but still lot cheaper than new astra daulmaster clutch,and i save on labour doing it myself,

sorry eddie i will show you the mazda,been a mad day,took my son to work and i felt bit tired,so had a good kip then i went out and put the gearbox back in,bit off a pain,2 trolley jacks lined it up,bingo straight in got my 2nd wind bolted bellhouseing up x member,but prop fell out oil all over the floor,glad in way as it looked manky,so am going to drain it,put fresh in,thought i was going to finsh it,but had to pick my son up,in the morning am going to put prop in,starter charge the battery take it out for a spin,thats the plan,its took few weekends trying sort out right pressure plate nearly tempted put old one in but i want it right,watch this space

right had a brill day its back on the road, clutch is in,did engine flush and filter and oil change,think tappets need setting and it needs a deep clean,took it down the coast rd at dizzy heights off 70mph had slow down for a sunday driver,got wave off toyota crown well known car in my town its black with curtains from the 80s will put pics up only lives 10 mins away,quite shocked how fast it is,feel like you are doing double the speed car very low,back on track

took it out yesterday for a drive and it drives like a champ.but my mrs hates it,her words looks like any jap car i ever seen,its to low  and i dont like it brill,but she had to admit how good it ran and how it holds the road,had few nice comments at ulverston canal were we walking the dog nice run out,and had bloke all over it at petrol station.very good on fuel,waiteing on the coil springs watch this space,