No such thing as a "Free lunch". Contains £30 a year VED content.

DaveDorson

12 minutes ago, spartacus said:

2020-10-31 13.27.45.jpg

If anyone wants this as a going concern and can collect it from Peterborough I'm more than willing to sort out a price.   Car take back have offered something around £130 I think.  I'd have to check.

I think with a new fuel filter (it does run) and some front tyres and a good scrub it'd do someone a good turn.

If I have to spend a day out recovering it, put tyres on it, MOT it etc the cost goes up.

I’m assuming then if it’s had new injectors the copper seals have been changed as these are really prone to ‘chuffing’ from leaking injectors. Before you go in balls deep, when you whip the fuel filter out take a specimen of the fuel out and get a good look in a clear glass for any metallic bits in the diesel. It’s possible it was the fuel pump breaking up that fucked the injectors up. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

I’m assuming then if it’s had new injectors the copper seals have been changed as these are really prone to ‘chuffing’ from leaking injectors. Before you go in balls deep, when you whip the fuel filter out take a specimen of the fuel out and get a good look in a clear glass for any metallic bits in the diesel. It’s possible it was the fuel pump breaking up that fucked the injectors up. 

Yeah I know.   I've got a 2.2 durartorq puma so I'm well versed in this sort of thing.

I also ran a 1.6 HDI for a bit so know about the seals.  The seats for recut and if was done right, there's no chuffing.

Plan is get it to the unit and see what it needs, if it's frag it's frag to be honest.

I've just had a dig through the service history I got with this.

The belt interval is 150k apparently (or 10 years) but there's no history.

There are a few receipts for "in line with manufacturers recommendations" but there's no parts break down so I suspect cabin, air and oil filters have been done, but fuel filters avoided because that means bleeding the fuel system (it's more common than you think that they are avoided).  Certainly no parts reciepts for fuel filters but some for the others.

Before I go ordering any parts, does anyone want this for a few hundred quid or so?  

2 hours ago, DaveDorson said:

I still feel bad about that mate.

Honestly, if I knew it was that bad I'd have had the interior and fragged it.

It’s ok mate don’t dwell on it, I know I’m not. I got 100 quid for the seats and binned the door cards yesterday. I really had to hold out too, as it appears £100 for a set of really good seats was too much for a lot of people. I even tried putting them in the carlton 🤣

39 minutes ago, sierraman said:

What’s a filter cost, maybe £8-10. I’d stick a filter in it and see what happens. 

Yeah doing that also means getting it to my unit which in itself is a day messing about moving the trailer and the car then putting the trailer back into my container.  

Zero effort profit is far more appealing 😂

I know times a factor these days but if I read an advert and it said ‘just needs fuel filter but haven’t got time to do...’ it’d suggest to me the seller knew it was the pump. I’m not saying this is what you are doing by the way it’s just on the whole a buyer would be sceptical of a car requiring something so minor. 

24 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I know times a factor these days but if I read an advert and it said ‘just needs fuel filter but haven’t got time to do...’ it’d suggest to me the seller knew it was the pump. I’m not saying this is what you are doing by the way it’s just on the whole a buyer would be sceptical of a car requiring something so minor. 

If I was selling it as anything but a gamble for a few quid above scrap value I would agree.

As said, if no one wants it that's fine, it'll get sorted and sold without the faults, and I'll charge appropriately, but I'd rather just move it on for someone else as I've got other stuff (that I actually like) that I want to concentrate my efforts on.

I've had a message from an interested party on here anyway, he's getting transport quote's sorted.

If that doesn't work out, one of the lads who does sales and the odd repair on modern stuff on the estate where my unit is fancies it too.