What to read?

sierraman

I did used to buy Car but I haven’t bothered for 6 months now and haven’t missed it.  They have certain makes they fap over - Tesla can do no wrong atm and Porsche are a perennial favourite - and most of the others can just get in the bin as far as the writers are concerned.  

They are a bit disapproving of something like a BMW X6 but they tread carefully here because they know many of their readers probably want to own one. 

Also watches - what is it about twatting watches? (Obviously it’s the ads).  I like a decent watch as much as the next man but I would buy a WATCH magazine if I wanted loads of thinly disguised advertorials about them.

I’ve just bought 50 copies of 70s-80s Truck magazine from EBay so I am not short of reading material for the winter months!

30FA76FD-3E2B-4FA6-A9CA-DD5D0A9C9CA1.jpeg

On 10/29/2020 at 7:40 PM, Tamworthbay said:

Just cancelled my last subscription after many many years. Practical classics has been gentrified over recent years with more and more £20k + cars creeping in and the weird far right ramblings of Nick Larkin on Facebook don’t help either. The final straw was the Range Rover being awarded best car of the 70s, not because it was an amazing off road vehicle, but because it has inspired the new SUV and soft roader craze. Their circulation numbers have been falling for ages and rather than attempt to get younger readers they are firmly aiming at the pipe and slipper brigade. Very sad.

OTOH,  In the latest issue, Theo Gillam managed to sneak the phrase "spunk-trumpet" into a photo caption in a piece about servicing a Daewoo Matiz...