2 Hondas don’t make it right

2MB

It’s been a while but the familiar ache/burn got too much and I gave in again. For context I was bidding on a certain vehicle on eBay in early August, missed out on winning it by a fiver or something and called it a draw. As we all know this feeling of nonchalance manifests itself in a desire to do better next time. I put it down to be being the wrong time for such things, seeing as though child number 3 was due to be born in about 60 days’ time. With that in mind, and the feeling of freedom of the first day free from work and/or childcare since March  I put my pushbike on the train, rode it a few stops and  got out at Leeds urban bike park, where I was having a lovely time until I decided to have one more go at a set of jumps. The ground came out of nowhere and twatted me goodstyle in various places, mainly my left (dominant) arm which broke either side of the elbow. 
None of this matters a great deal but today finds me able to drive again and having won a subsequent eBay auction for a similar vehicle. The first part of the journey is on foot, in to the depths of Ravensthorpe no less

571C7663-77DF-4DFC-8538-704910732A0D.jpeg

Was supposed to get an early night due to being on newborn night feed duty the last 2 nights, but 33% of my kids have so far managed to shit and piss themselves in new and interesting ways tonight.

poo count: 2, one of which was spread across the bathroom floor as I opened the door. Only way is up from here

8 minutes ago, richbraith said:

Oh dear, extreme sports do carry risks.  I have a lot of metal in my leg because I won't stop ice skating (I still won't).  I mean I do stop sometimes, I'm sitting down right now...

I think Mazda 626.

Isn't it the sudden stopping that is the issue? 😜

4 hours ago, clayts450 said:

Oooo - the new Combo. Autoshite test report required please once you've got over the excitement* of your purchase

I don’t have a lot to compare it to, seeing as the only proper  van I drive regularly now is a 2007 Transporter, but I liked the combo. Perfect size for the job, civilised and quiet to drive, and it did 50mpg over about 500 miles mostly at decent speed. Cruise control was a welcome surprise but the stereo was fiddly and difficult to use with weird touch buttons. Luckily the steering wheel takes care of most controls  Performed well enough, I was expecting 6 gears in something so new but 5th is long enough for motorway cruising. Cup holders are small and oddly placed compared to the Ford vans I used to drive, and the mirrors seem a little bit small for lane changes. I’d happily do another 500 miles in it tomorrow though

1 hour ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Well bought. What is the story behind it? Love how they look.

On a side note - I have literally never rented a van from enterprise as they've always wanted at least 2x the amount as a competitor - are you minted or am I missing something? 😛

I have no use for a scooter but also like the look of them and would like to restore and customise it in a loosely similar style to how they were done in Japan. 
enterprise were a tiny bit more than the cheapest in the area but I can’t get to Any of the others on foot, which was the only option This time

• 2MB changed the title to 2 Hondas don’t make it right