Cars powered by Ford engines.,can we add to the list?

vaughant

2 hours ago, 406V6 said:

Excuse the nit pick - various Peugeot 407 models, the 607 and the last Citroen C5 had the diesel V6 but not the 406 which only had a petrol V6.

The article is pretty thorough with some cars I'd not heard of before.

Im ok with the nit pick, I didn’t think the 406 was correct but had a mental block and totally forgot the 407.

That article in the OP is interesting, I didn't know (or had forgotten) that TVR used Ford engines.

Also various Volvos have a Ford engine I know the C30 2.0 petrol did and of course various Fords used the Volvo T5 engine (as fitted in my C30) such as the Focus Mk2 ST & RS and I'm pretty sure the Mondeo coud be had with it as well

On 27/10/2020 at 22:49, wesacosa said:

I once ragged an FBS Census around the Millbrook Apline track for one lap,  that had a Mondeo V6 and was actually quite a good drive

I now see why you didn't post a photo of one.

Is everybody else ready?

105365-5x2-lg.jpg

BOOM!

It's no better from the back, either.

fbs_census_02.jpg

1 minute ago, Supernaut said:

I now see why you didn't post a photo of one.

Is everybody else ready?

105365-5x2-lg.jpg

BOOM!

It's no better from the back, either.

fbs_census_02.jpg

haha yes I thought I would spare everyone the horror. No wonder they didn't sell many.  Shame as it went pretty well. I met the guy who set up the company, and about 18 months later I saw him in our office having a job interview :(

Apparently FBS stood for F**ked British sportscar.  

On 10/29/2020 at 6:50 PM, Soundwave said:

It looks like someone tried to draw an Alfa GTV Spider from memory, having never actually seen one and only being given a two-sentence description of it.

... with their eyes closed.

Its a fair list now, from A-Z

AC Ace Brooklands,  Cobra, 428,  3000ME

Allard P1

Anadol SV 1600

Berkley Bandit (prototype)

Buckler MkV

Caterham 7

Citroen C5, C6

De Tomaso Pantera

Donkervoort S7

Elva Courier

Evante 140TC

Fairthorpe Zeta

Falcoln Caribbean

FBS Census

FSO Polonez

Gilburn Genie, Invader

Ginetta G4,  G26,  G32,  G40,  G55,  GT5

GSM Delta

Heron Europa

Iso  Fidia,  Lele

Jaguar XJ,  XK,  X Type

Jensen S-V8

Koenigsegg CC8S

Land Rover Defender, Discovery, Freelander

LDV Convoy

Lti  Txii

Lotus Seven

Matra 530

Marcos Mantis

Mazda  various

Metrocab

MG X power SV,  ZT 260

Morgan 4/4

Nobel M12

Opus HRF

Paramount

Panther Kallista/Solo

Peugeot 407, 607

Piper GTT

Quest Coaches

Range Rover, Sport

Rayton Magnum Fissore

Reliant Sabre,  Scimitar

Rochdale Olympic

Rover 75 V8

Saab 96

Saleen S7

Simca Vedette

Stonefield trucks

Sunbeam Tiger

Tornado Talisman,  Typhoon

TVR Grantura,  Griffith,  S/S2/S3/S4, Tasmin, Taimar 1600M, 3000M

Vivarail Class 230 D-train

Volvo C30+ many more

Westfield SE

Winchester Series III  and IV

6 hours ago, Timewaster said:

A grain of truth shirley? 

V4 conversions ruined many  RO80s, no? 

Oh indeed they did. But it is a common misconception by many that most Ro80’s are running with V4’s. There are only a handful (if that) running V4’s these days. I’ve converted several back to rotary and have another to do shortly. With what we know now about Ro80’s, as well as the availability of ceramic apex seals, there really isn’t any reliability concerns. Despite what every internet expert that read a magazine article once, will try and have you believe 🙂.

5 hours ago, Philmanns said:

Oh indeed they did. But it is a common misconception by many that most Ro80’s are running with V4’s. There are only a handful (if that) running V4’s these days. I’ve converted several back to rotary and have another to do shortly. With what we know now about Ro80’s, as well as the availability of ceramic apex seals, there really isn’t any reliability concerns. Despite what every internet expert that read a magazine article once, will try and have you believe 🙂.

That's good to hear, would any of the Mazda rotaries fit in them?

8 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

That's good to hear, would any of the Mazda rotaries fit in them?

Yes they do. I’ve seen 10A, 12A and 13B engines fitted. These conversions were quite popular in the 90’s, but again, most are running the NSU engines now. Recently in Germany I spotted this Rx8 Renesis conversion.

B86638CE-CA51-4F42-8AE0-DDB6684E3976.jpeg

E2599CC4-BA42-49E5-9F24-E6D1832DEAAA.jpeg

When is a Ford engine not a Ford engine, we had a Gaylander with a “2,2 Duratorq”  which is a joint PSA/ Ford venture. Does that count?

You could also get a Petrol 2.0 in some export markets- a Ford Ecoboost , apparently.

Then there was the spiritual successor to the  Princess 2200, the straight 6 transverse 3.2 petrol, that although best known for making big Volvos slower and more thirsty than 5 pot turbos, is known as the Ford Si6 and made in the Ford Bridgend plant.

1 hour ago, Philmanns said:

Yes they do. I’ve seen 10A, 12A and 13B engines fitted. These conversions were quite popular in the 90’s, but again, most are running the NSU engines now. Recently in Germany I spotted this Rx8 Renesis conversion.

B86638CE-CA51-4F42-8AE0-DDB6684E3976.jpeg

E2599CC4-BA42-49E5-9F24-E6D1832DEAAA.jpeg

It's nice to know they are getting proper NSU engines put back in, I presume many worn out ones were stored rather than being scrapped.

3 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

I'm going to bravely say I may have found the most obscure... MG XPower SV?

thats in the list the OP posted

but if its obscure your looking for then how about an Elephant? LOL

On 06/10/2020 at 12:12, Mr Pastry said:

Thought you'd like that.  Now try googling mechanical elephants.  

On 06/10/2020 at 12:36, LightBulbFun said:

not villiers powered 5/10 ( well I dont think? but the smaller one "jumbo" is mentioned having a 2 stroke engine so thats probably villiers LOL)

just kidding LOL

that was another interesting read, where they really road registered?

https://thegardenstrust.blog/2014/07/10/mechanical-elephants/

does anyone know the registration number of one of these elephants? (not something I ever thought id say)

what does it show up on the DVLA as? LOL

I have many questions LOL

On 06/10/2020 at 12:45, Mr Pastry said:

The smaller breed was Villiers powered IIRC, the large ones had Ford 1172 engines.  Why do I even know that?

1 minute ago, Mr Pastry said:

FWIW:

Elephant_getty53242807.jpg

6b98cc3606351820ede4a2fc8e758df0.jpg

oh wow you found one actually displaying a number plate (and tax disk) I knew they where supposedly road registered but I could not find one pictured such

sadly RVX7 does not show up on the DVLA, would be really interesting to see what it was registered as and what its DVLA record looks like LOL

RVX7 is an Essex VRM, so bonus Invacar points there and ill have to remember to check it out when I get round to visiting the Essex archive office for all the Invacar blocks