Cars powered by Ford engines.,can we add to the list?

vaughant

Simca used a flathead V8 for their 1950s Vedette,  derived from Ford's unit.  

Kit cars often used Ford engines.  My Ginetta G26 should have had a Pinto engine to complement its Cortina suspension but a previous owner had squeezed a Ford Cologne V6 and autobox in to it to prove the club wrong (they said it couldn't be done). The result was appalling. I drove it for a year on the odd occasions when it decided to work, then sold it.

brisca formula 2 stock cars have been using ford pinto and latterly zetec units, ditto saloon stock cars and national hot rods (they also used vauxhall redtops), formula ford single seaters have used the 1600 kent since the 60's then used zetec, duratech and now ecoboost engines, the trusty 1600 kent crossflow is still used at club level, great engines

18 hours ago, Tayne said:

The AJD V6 and V8 Diesel engines were fitted to LR Discoveries, RRs and RR Sports, Jag XF and XJ, Citroen c6, Peugeot 406 etc.

Excuse the nit pick - various Peugeot 407 models, the 607 and the last Citroen C5 had the diesel V6 but not the 406 which only had a petrol V6.

The article is pretty thorough with some cars I'd not heard of before.

15 hours ago, Lacquer Peel said:

They weren't sold here but the home market got one powered by a 2.0 Pinto (I think) engine for a bit. 

That's exactly right. According to various sources they've made between 500 and 1000 of these so called "Poldofords".