Forma Fiat Croma Owna - My Cars

jmsguzzi

No one got it, it’s a 620ti!

And at the moment, I wish I hadn’t bothered. My insurance company decided that after quoting me only last week they no longer wish to insure a Rover 620ti. New policy taken out which is double the amount I thought I’d be paying a month, a proper faff on that spoiled the day before I’d even drove it. Anyway, the car, it’s relatively low mileage at 90,000 and is in decent nick baring the obvious lacquer peel on the bonnet, everything electrical works on it baring the electric aerial. It pulls well and and there’s no knocks but there’s a couple of issues that I’ve noticed straight away. When I come off the accelerator no matter what gear I’m in the car will kind of stutter (lurch?)  a couple of times, more noticeable in lower gears, any ideas?

Also for a car that’s supposed to be a light steer it’s mega stiff (oo-er). Feeling a little knackered and deflated right now, but will look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

D83EBF67-E522-46EB-A284-5DA0EA680F74.jpeg

• jmsguzzi changed the title to Forma Fiat Croma Owna - My Rover 620ti
14 minutes ago, jmsguzzi said:

And at the moment, I wish I hadn’t bothered. My insurance company decided that after quoting me only last week they no longer wish to insure a Rover 620ti. New policy taken out which is double the amount I thought I’d be paying a month, a proper faff on that spoiled the day before I’d even drove it. Anyway, the car, it’s relatively low mileage at 90,000 and is in decent nick baring the obvious lacquer peel on the bonnet, everything electrical works on it baring the electric aerial. It pulls well and and there’s no knocks but there’s a couple of issues that I’ve noticed straight away. When I come off the accelerator no matter what gear I’m in the car will kind of stutter (lurch?)  a couple of times, more noticeable in lower gears, any ideas?

Also for a car that’s supposed to be a light steer it’s mega stiff (oo-er). Feeling a little knackered and deflated right now, but will look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Ah so you bought it then, I don't think you can lose out with it, bits are dirt cheap for them and the value can only climb (knowing how much it was ;) )

27 minutes ago, jmsguzzi said:

Lovely! :D The "double insurance" shit is exactly what cost me the chance of buying a Volvo 940 a couple of weeks back. Sucks. :(

42 minutes ago, loserone said:

Engine mount causing jerking?

Could very well be that, seems the most logical.

57 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Ah so you bought it then, I don't think you can lose out with it, bits are dirt cheap for them and the value can only climb (knowing how much it was ;) )

Aye cheers once again for checking it out for me, prices seem to be all over with these, but I’m sure I got an ok deal.

In other news, my new book was waiting for me in the porch when I got home. Written by @motorpunk , looking forward to reading it.

DB639605-38BF-49AF-B84A-7840A5C97557.jpeg

52 minutes ago, loserone said:

Engine mount causing jerking?

Was about to say. Famed for being heavy on their transmission, presumably the engine mounts are generic T series ones (?) and transverse/front driven Would tend to magify the effect on/off power.

Ps lovely car, -VC so perhaps a management car? Around this time quite a few press / publicity vehicles were so registered But usually double digit. 

Interior pics please! Love the part leather that these tended to have.

2 hours ago, spartacus said:

It's a shame it's marring the purchase experience but I reckon it'll be great once sorted, these are a good steer.

More pics please.

DirectLine slapped me £396 for the 1.0i Swift, after several years of £200ish for 1.6 Toyyo ToMM©. Renewal up in early Nov.

Confused* introduced clarity... Churchill £204... TF!

Same policy excesses and general shizzle.... As I'm 'auto renew', I bet they just thought I would roll it over.... B#staddz

Phone Around.......