Its going in for its 435k service tmrw....

Neil clark

I'm "expecting" about £1300. 

The radiator and heater matrix are just because I know there both original and while he has it he may aswell change. I've owned since 83k miles lol. My man is very reasonable and very very good at taxi's 

No I don't tip lol but also I dont haggle like a lot of his customers, I also pay it in full the day I get it back

Also having all engine gaskets and seals done at same time

33 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Seems a shame to have a new engine after such an innings.  Can't it "follow on" and be revitalised?!!!

Its time off road really, head gasket is leaking so its quicker to drop another engine in. Every day off road costs money, not that it really matters but mechanic prefers to make like easy for himself

That's how to do a service properly! How many years can you keep it plated for? Another 380odd k? 

You can find out if mateys out his prices up or down then, although I imagine low milage hdi's aren't going to be around forever... Mines on 157k and I reckon that's about average now... (unless they shoved the hdi in modern tin in which case it won't be a problem) 

Oh how I love a high mileage motor that pays the bills. Good luck with the work, I took a panel van version of one of these to just under 300k then an injector stuck open and decided to detonate all the unburnt diesel and blow a hole in the top of the piston. Is there an age limit for plating in Derby or is it still every 6 months after 5 years?

46 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

That's how to do a service properly! How many years can you keep it plated for? Another 380odd k? 

You can find out if mateys out his prices up or down then, although I imagine low milage hdi's aren't going to be around forever... Mines on 157k and I reckon that's about average now... (unless they shoved the hdi in modern tin in which case it won't be a problem) 

I've got another 3 years before it comes off but I'm investing in another 2 year old one next year and we start all over again lol, my last one sold at about 550k

1 minute ago, Popsicle said:

Oh how I love a high mileage motor that pays the bills. Good luck with the work, I took a panel van version of one of these to just under 300k then an injector stuck open and decided to detonate all the unburnt diesel and blow a hole in the top of the piston. Is there an age limit for plating in Derby or is it still every 6 months after 5 years?

Gets plated every 6 months, its going in in 2 weeks BUT it honestly gets whatever it needs. Its a very strict plate

20 minutes ago, Neil clark said:

Gets plated every 6 months, its going in in 2 weeks BUT it honestly gets whatever it needs. Its a very strict plate

Yep I know Derby's strict on the plates, when my old man was running mark 2 Cavaliers in the 80's some failed the plate brand new straight from Vauxhall Pentagon!

Love these mega mile sloggers.

I have an ex-taxi VW Minibus, now on 342k.  I got it cheap because 99% of people were terrified of the mileage.  There's genuinely nothing wrong with it, it doesn't even feel baggy to drive.  Original engine & gearbox, on it's 3rd clutch/ DMF.  Mostly everything else is original as far as I can tell.

It's all about how its used and serviced I suppose.  Does make you laugh when people px their cars before they reach 100k because 'it's getting worn out'!

2 hours ago, Rusty_Rocket said:

Love these mega mile sloggers.

I have an ex-taxi VW Minibus, now on 342k.  I got it cheap because 99% of people were terrified of the mileage.  There's genuinely nothing wrong with it, it doesn't even feel baggy to drive.  Original engine & gearbox, on it's 3rd clutch/ DMF.  Mostly everything else is original as far as I can tell.

It's all about how its used and serviced I suppose.  Does make you laugh when people px their cars before they reach 100k because 'it's getting worn out'!

That’s how I got my Avensis. It ticked over 100k and the owners went “Right that’s it” and bought a new Kia with a 7 year warranty. 

I bought it 7 years ago on 100,100 miles - I wonder if they’re looking at ANOTHER Kia now! 

Granted. They’ve got the luxuries like windows that open and a car that doesn’t leak, but I still reckon I’m doing ok out of the deal! 

On 10/23/2020 at 12:23 PM, Neil clark said:

I'm "expecting" about £1300. 

The radiator and heater matrix are just because I know there both original and while he has it he may aswell change. I've owned since 83k miles lol. My man is very reasonable and very very good at taxi's 

No I don't tip lol but also I dont haggle like a lot of his customers, I also pay it in full the day I get it back

Also having all engine gaskets and seals done at same time

I wasn’t aware there was any other way than paying the price that’s asked and in full. Can’t imagine trying to haggle once the job is done and then paying in instalments would go down well at a garage.