Why was he born so beautiful, why was he born at all? He's no bloody use to anyone, he's no bloody good at all!

doubleyeller

I've bought and sold a few through here, and the term 'No warranty given or implied - or expected' is, I would have thought, a precursor to any transaction.

If you expect anything more, you're on the wrong forum. 

13 minutes ago, Volksy said:

I've bought and sold a few through here, and the term 'No warranty given or implied - or expected' is, I would have thought, a precursor to any transaction.

If you expect anything more, you're on the wrong forum. 

Well that's what I always thought too. But clearly not.....

That's not to say that it's always been the buyer complaining. Some have been great guys. But there's a crappy undercurrent on here where everyone tries to jump on the bandwagon and put you down. It's just not worth the aggro. 

25 minutes ago, doubleyeller said:

But there's a crappy undercurrent on here where everyone tries to jump on the bandwagon and put you down.

No, there's an undercurrent of significant annoyance about the fact you took monies given to you in good faith to attempt the restoration of a certain Renault 30, then ignored all sensible advice and spent some of that on new tyres (IE the most pointless thing possible), then disappeared, only to reappear shortly thereafter having sacked off the R30 and having bought another Renault (the model of which escapes me right now)

Whilst I somewhat defended you to begin with, actually you were being a weapons-grade dick about the whole affair, which left rather a bad taste.

So for you to arrive back, generally being just as much of a dick again, brag about cars you've sent to the baler and threaten to do so again to yet another Renault, quite frankly you can get bent.

Which nobhead has nicked the "ignore" function??

18 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

It looks dead neat in the below pictures. Expect some abuse if you lob it in the baler!!!

I might try and see if I can get an enthusiast off carandclassic or the like to come pick it up. I suppose for want of a new alternator and a wiper linkage (or whatever is causing the problems), it would be a bit of a shame to crush it. On the other hand, will anybody really be willing to even work on one of these nowadays even if someone is prepared to spend a couple of hundred sorting it out? 

You seem to have been trying to extract a reaction from someone for the last couple of weeks.  You got it. from me.

Mainly for baling a Horizon for apparently no reason whatsoever.  Given that there's only about 0.75 Horizons left, that's definitely a dick move.  To come on here and brag about it is even more of a dick move.  Maybe you were just looking for a reaction.  Maybe this is all bluff and bluster and you're just trolling for a reaction.  Who knows.

To then want to be banned from the forum, based on the replies from ONE member (IE me) seems like a dick move of epic proportions.

4 hours ago, doubleyeller said:

Ok fine, I will leave you all to it. 

Mods, ban hammer please?

Oh, please ban me, make me a martyr. Just take yourself off and stop being such an attention seeker.

4 hours ago, Talbot said:

No, there's an undercurrent of significant annoyance about the fact you took monies given to you in good faith to attempt the restoration of a certain Renault 30, then ignored all sensible advice and spent some of that on new tyres (IE the most pointless thing possible), then disappeared, only to reappear shortly thereafter having sacked off the R30 and having bought another Renault (the model of which escapes me right now)

Whilst I somewhat defended you to begin with, actually you were being a weapons-grade dick about the whole affair, which left rather a bad taste.

So for you to arrive back, generally being just as much of a dick again, brag about cars you've sent to the baler and threaten to do so again to yet another Renault, quite frankly you can get bent.

Which nobhead has nicked the "ignore" function??

I didn't realise this was the same lad who took a load of money off people on here for that Renault 30! Ha!

I always find the sort of people who repeatedly complain about other folk being 'unreasonable' to deal with are themselves irascible bastards who don't believe they've ever been wrong about anything. It's fine though, these are the same people I meet drinking themselves to death aged 50 in shitty pubs so it usually doesn't end well for them. Tossers.

2 hours ago, barrett said:

I didn't realise this was the same lad who took a load of money off people on here for that Renault 30! Ha!

I always find the sort of people who repeatedly complain about other folk being 'unreasonable' to deal with are themselves irascible bastards who don't believe they've ever been wrong about anything. It's fine though, these are the same people I meet drinking themselves to death aged 50 in shitty pubs so it usually doesn't end well for them. Tossers.

If you meet a twat in the morning, they're probably a twat.  If you meet twats all day, then you're the twat.

I'm definitely a twat.