My shite new books - "SUPER - old, odd, interesting, obscure and abandoned filling stations". - NOW WITH FREE STUFF

motorpunk

More FREE books posted out today. Another will go tomorrow. So pleased that folks are enjoying my writing. 

I’ve only got a few more editor copies left, then we get to the moth-eaten leftovers, so I’d suggest if you’d like to order a copy of SUPER and claim your free copy of “Nothing handles like a rental car”, then look sharp. First come first served and all that.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 8:24 PM, SiC said:

You've got (a kind of) competition! Amazon recommended me it along with your other SUPER books I haven't bought.

Ta. There have been a couple of books on a similar theme, but those mostly cover a very small selection of locations and they're quite old, focussing more on the past than the dilapidated present. Only got this pic to hand (cover art mock up for the Welsh edition of the book), but I'm more into grotty treasures like this (below) myself. The little hut and pumps went last year, sadly. Making my books was a race against the clock to photograph them all as places get developed;

SUPER-wales.jpg

For those viewing on a phone, here's a link to the webpage which explains all the regional editions of the book - https://www.motorpunk.co.uk/articles/super-old-odd-interesting-obscure-abandoned-filling-stations/

I was also pondering sharing my (considerable) research, I have a Googlemap with c.800 locations geotagged, each with an old filling station site around the UK. I didn't make it public as there's a risk bearded explorer twats will turn up, but on the other hand these are important historical locations that should not be lost. I dunno...