Volvo 940... do I or don't I?

Soundwave

In case anyone wondered about the fate ofthis car... it was actually sold to a YouTuber and Volvo enthusiast called Emily Shields! Watching her video about picking it up was a real "Look at what you could have won" moment for me..!

Yep, that's definitely going on my "things you'll still be regretting on your deathbed" list. :(  Still, main thing is, the car's with an enthusiast and not on the banger track, so it's a win all round. :)

The Rover 200 I picked up instead is looking like an extremely poor substitute now. A bit like when the home shopping delivery replaces a ribeye steak with a box of tampons.

Yes. I am also glad. And not at all fucking gutted that it turned out to be even better than I'd envisaged. I am absolutely not typing this through gritted teeth, and nor did I just call my Rover a cunt when I walked past it. Absolutely delighted, me.  😁 😄

22 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

How about taking on this one as a consolation prize? It's a nice old thing and deserves to live on.

A nice idea, but alas... I can't weld, and I already have a consolation prize in the form of a Rover that I've suddenly gone off. :D

9 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Just get someone else to do the bits you can't!

I do have a tame welder... but after the marathon that my MX5 turned out to be, I should probably give him a bit of a rest before I go to him with anything else. :D

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

What's the issue with the Rover? 

It's not a Volvo. :D

Nah, in reality there's nowt wrong with it, I'm still just a bit sore about losing out due to my indecisiveness. :) My fault, nobody else's. I do like it really, I'm just incredibly bad at processing disappointment... which is odd, given how much of it I encounter on a day to day basis. :D

12 hours ago, Soundwave said:

It's not a Volvo. :D

Nah, in reality there's nowt wrong with it, I'm still just a bit sore about losing out due to my indecisiveness. :) My fault, nobody else's. I do like it really, I'm just incredibly bad at processing disappointment... which is odd, given how much of it I encounter on a day to day basis. :D

You didn’t lose out. That implies there was a contest. You didn’t want it... and then as soon as someone else took it you changed your mind.

My 5 year old does this with toys, biscuits and pretty much anything in life!! 

I never really understand people hesitating. It’s not a life sentence - if you buy and you don’t like you sell again. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:35 PM, sierraman said:

So bought for £400 to ‘flip on’. Good luck to them but can’t see where the profit is there, doesn’t look a bad car to tidy up for yourself but as for making a few bob? I’d doubt it. 

If it generates some additional views on the YouTube's that may be enough.....

@BorniteIdentity - Like I say, my hesitation, my fault. Nobody else's. :) Perhaps "missed out" would have been a better turn of phrase. Main thing is, the car's being looked after now - in fact they're probably going to do a better job than I would have. :D  So after some initial disappointment, tis all groovy.

I'm aware of her and her videos as I tend to look for Volvo stuff on YouTube (What the fuck happened to my life?)

I genuinely hope that she does 'flip' it and quickly for the cars sake as it actually looks like quite a nice one... Each to their own and all that, but the last 940 she had ended up 'wrapped' in some kind of Vimpto purple colour with an 850 bumper grafted on and then fitted with bucket seats.