Volvo 940... do I or don't I?

Soundwave

it may have the b230fx engine, if so thats 200 squid on its own, plus another 200 for the box. 

buy it, and drive like a hooligan. the tramp drift lot will buy it off you. 

have you bought it yet?????

what about now????

To everybody saying it’s worthless, have you seen what any RWD Volvo seems to be going for now?  I missed an early 960 about 3 months ago for a £1000, since then I’ve been actively looking for a 900 saloon of any description, there’s not many left . Hundreds of estates and plenty of stupid priced examples of all types . Drifters and banger racers will pay more than £400 for this , the former already have their hi-power engines built and waiting to drop in , so don’t care about it being a 2.0 litre.

I bid , what I thought was a generous £650 on a similar sounding , albeit 2.3 auto, a week or so back. It finished at £1200 and hasn’t reappeared on eBay, so assume sold.

GIFB!

I've said it before, these won't be this cheap for very much longer. I'm losing all my storage in three weeks otherwise I would have tried to buy this yesterday, if it had come up back in August then I'd probably be looking at it through the kitchen window right now. Have you bought it yet? 

3 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Excellent!

Make sure both heated seats work though. If they don't, chip the price down! :-)

I've never liked heated seats, makes me feel like I've pissed myself! And makes it really difficult to tell when I actually have. :D

23 hours ago, Fumbler said:

Stares.

Looks at insurance.

Weeps.

Stick it on a classic policy, problem solved. My 850 T5 was giving me absolutely horrendous quotes at renewal time a few days back so I tried Footman James - £200 off the next best quote, with no impending rise for moving from a nice postcode into the car crime capital of the North East.

I used the heated leather in my old blue laguna to make up for the shit heater... 

Said heater was only shit when it ran out of coolant, so I'd top it up later that day/week and have heat again

Rinse and repeat... 

I'm a cloth/velour kind of person myself although would never kick a nice leather interior out of bed, it wouldn't be a factor in buying the car or not

Sold... to someone else. I just couldn't get there in time, after all that! :D

I don't mind though, I've always been a believer in first come first served. And I'm actually relieved, albeit also a bit disappointed. 

Time to focus on my other projects and not get tempted into taking on more! 

1 hour ago, Soundwave said:

Sold... to someone else. I just couldn't get there in time, after all that! :D

I don't mind though, I've always been a believer in first come first served. And I'm actually relieved, albeit also a bit disappointed. 

Time to focus on my other projects and not get tempted into taking on more! 

I thought from the beginning that as you were deliberating it rather than buy now think later it wasn't to be

And that's probably not a bad thing... Some day something will come up that you'll just buy, and that'll be the one*

32 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I thought from the beginning that as you were deliberating it rather than buy now think later it wasn't to be

And that's probably not a bad thing... Some day something will come up that you'll just buy, and that'll be the one*

Yeah, I find I 'know' straight away if a car is right for me, so I guess this one wasn't. Plus, even on a classic policy I was having a really hard time getting a decent insurance quote! Would have cost as much to insure as it would to buy.