so the scrappage fuego pics.

fiatdaft

Let's face it, everyone, this Fuego was never going to see the road again. OP has already said that it had been sat in a garage unused for years, and that it only got taxed and tested to qualify for scrappage. If scrappage hadn't existed, the owner would still have bought his daughter a new Corsa (or similar) and that Fuego would have sat rotting in the lock up until the owner got fed up and scrapped it anyway.Scrappage may be flawed, but it's doing what it was designed to do, which is sell cars. PS, Pog, I find it more than distasteful that you can compare mass genocide to the scrapping of an old car. I thought better of you.

Let's be brutally honest here:A 1983 Renault Fuego with a pop up sunroof is a worthless piece of shit, an example of a very average car that was forgotten decades ago and isn't fondly remembered by anybody. If it was a mint 1983 Capri 2.8i there would have been far more awareness as to it's potential value but a Fuego? What the fuck is a Renault Fuego?Given the fact that a 1983 Fuego is worth NOTHING (I wouldn't give you a cup of cold piss for it), a four grand discount off a new Corsa for NOTHING is really a bit of a deal. Hell, I would do it!Most of the scrappage stuff is worthless old crap - Rover 600's, old Volvos, Puntos and Vectras, stuff that would have been in a scrapyard within 2 years anyway.What does piss me off is when some thick twat weighs in a clean 1953 Morris Minor, or a tidy 1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi or anything else that was of genuine interest or really did have a value that could be measured in a multiple denomination of fifty pound notes rather than fivers.

FFS.

I was trying to point out the flaws in the guys arguements / ethos.

Sorry if I offended.

It was intended to be inflammatory rather than offensive.

But as I am clearly an unemployed oaf* without a clue, who rips people off**, I'd best shut up.

* I have had 12 weeks out of work in 10 years, for which I recieved the princely sum of £60 a week. Given that for the last few years I ventured into top bracket income tax, I don't think that was too much to ask. I now run my own business which is doing pretty OK thankyou very much.

** I am not sure what you're on about, really having traded thousands of magazines, I can't remember every single transaction, though if something dis go awry I apologise. I am sure those who have traded stuff whith me who are memebers here would vouch that I don't set out to rip anyone off...

yes that is mabe true but if he had kept it so long rather than pass it on while still on the road then surelly he must have liked the car,if he had to mot it then it must not have required a great deal off work and expense or he wouldnt have bothered.

The same reason I keep TV's, toasters and fridges until they are fucked and cease to fucntion!Do you think I was misty eyed when my 15 year old hoover croaked? Nope. I was however monumentally pissed off when my Mum threw away a working 1960's Hoover 'Constellation' - those superb round ones that have now all gone. :roll:

The same reason I keep TV's, toasters and fridges until they are fucked and cease to fucntion!Do you think I was misty eyed when my 15 year old hoover croaked? Nope. I was however monumentally pissed off when my Mum threw away a working 1960's Hoover 'Constellation' - those superb round ones that have now all gone. :roll:

now thats hardly the same now is it when white goods are shafted they get binned rightly so you do not however spend good money fixing them up to then scrap them do you. :roll:

not unless you are getting 4k for them. and some people treat cars like white goods.

But hes not acctualy getting 4k now is he he is haveing to shell out a fair bit off money to think he is getting 4k for his old motor,And that is the sad reality off modern life buy bin then buy some more to keep all the import companys in buisness :shock:

not unless you are getting 4k for them. and some people treat cars like white goods.

But hes not acctualy getting 4k now is he he is haveing to shell out a fair bit off money to think he is getting 4k for his old motor,And that is the sad reality off modern life buy bin then buy some more to keep all the import companys in buisness :shock:
Yes, he is! Take a 10 grand car - take your old shitter in plus a cheque for 6k and it's yours. There's lots of talk about 'how dare the taxpayer fund this blah blah' but if someone is knocking 40% off a £10'000 Corsa in exchange for a worthless old Renault you wouldn't care who was subsidising it! Well, I wouldn't. I've looked in a 2004 Glass's guide and a basic 1.0 Corsa was £8500 even then - so no, Vauxhall haven't 'whacked 2 grand on'.Times are hard and factories have to be kept busy. Yes, it IS a pity that cars traded in under this scheme can't just be chucked into an auction to live another day - the dealer could make even more money!

Its true, things arent built to last anymore, it says something when of all the computers weve had, the first one lasted the longest. It was a TIME computer (remember them?) and lasted 7 years, and even thats fuck all in the big scheme of things. Dell computer blew up after less than 2, HP went after 3 due to CPU faliure, heck even this laptop had to have a new hard drive after a month.And im not sure that the whole bin the old one for a new one saying applies to cars, correct me if im wrong, but cars last longer on the roads now then ever, its an everyday occurance to see alot of cars 15-20 years old.Sure the scrappage has lowered numbers somewhat, but these are mostly high miler, worth nothing in the trade, undesirable units. And yes, some complete fools have traded in classics worth potentially more than the scheme offers, but more fool them. I have yet to see cars like some of the ridiculous ones traded in America, there was Bentleys and Astons scrapped!Its like seeing items in a sale in a (mostly electrical)shop, your eyes are drawn to the money off and not the amount youd save in the long run by not buying it. I say you passively, i know no one on here is wasteful!Sadly, this Fuegos fate was sealed the day its owner bought it off ebay.

Yes, he is! Take a 10 grand car - take your old shitter in plus a cheque for 6k and it's yours. There's lots of talk about 'how dare the taxpayer fund this blah blah' but if someone is knocking 40% off a £10'000 Corsa in exchange for a worthless old Renault you wouldn't care who was subsidising it! Well, I wouldn't. I've looked in a 2004 Glass's guide and a basic 1.0 Corsa was £8500 even then - so no, Vauxhall haven't 'whacked 2 grand on'.Times are hard and factories have to be kept busy. Yes, it IS a pity that cars traded in under this scheme can't just be chucked into an auction to live another day - the dealer could make even more money!

No hes not he is haveing to shell out good money that he otherwise may or may not have spent a quick google showed that a pre registered 59 plate base model corsa can be had for £7500 so if he had not had said scraper he would mabe have plumped for something like that.the whole taxpayer stumping up is a bit off a sore point with some but most if not all off the 1k is paid back in taxes anyway. that means the other 3k came from the dealer or manufacturer anyway so if they can somehow afford to drop 3k on a base model corsa then why not just sell it to anyone for 3k less anyway that way scrapage would be virtually redundant as more people would be tempted by the honest priceing in the first place.

A Renault Fuego died. It's hardly the end of the world, is it? A 26 year old appliance. The 1983 equivalent of what? Let's say a mid nineties Tigra. A fairly cynically designed piece of tat based on a cheaper saloon floor plan. Who'd be upset if the world lost one of those? And who on here spouting vitriol has pm'd FD to save the car? It's done, FD did the job he get's paid to do (A tough job at the moment - you take what you can get) The punter is obviously happy with his purchase, the dealership might, just, have made a bit of a profit on the deal and the world keeps turning. It sounds like the car was hardly original, so perhaps it's death will mean that 3 or 4 other different spec Fuego's may live, too. It's all come up roses really, I reckon.

A Renault Fuego died. It's hardly the end of the world, is it? A 26 year old appliance. The 1983 equivalent of what? Let's say a mid nineties Tigra. A fairly cynically designed piece of tat based on a cheaper saloon floor plan. Who'd be upset if the world lost one of those? And who on here spouting vitriol has pm'd FD to save the car?

It wasn't a minter, I really like fuego's. I really want that R21. have no space. least we'll possiby be overtaken by a dude with a trailer on 'Soleil' wheelsHonestly. that is all.

A Renault Fuego died. It's hardly the end of the world, is it? A 26 year old appliance. The 1983 equivalent of what? Let's say a mid nineties Tigra.

you dont get the forum then do you, its design faults make up its success in what is defined as 'autoshite' :wink:

tayne,the other 2 k discount comes from the franchise manager when all the scrappage paperwork is done,as i am getting bored repeating myself,no cod no scrappage discounts on a new car,and as for saving it,don't make me laugh,guys on here offer cars for sale and you get the usual comments like,ooh if it wasn't so far away,i'm waiting on the wifes approval,or i'll just waist your time but look interested anyway.if you want to save a rare renner,go buy lanky tims 21 monaco for £100if not ,shut up.

No hes not he is haveing to shell out good money that he otherwise may or may not have spent a quick google showed that a pre registered 59 plate base model corsa can be had for £7500 so if he had not had said scraper he would mabe have plumped for something like that.the whole taxpayer stumping up is a bit off a sore point with some but most if not all off the 1k is paid back in taxes anyway. that means the other 3k came from the dealer or manufacturer anyway so if they can somehow afford to drop 3k on a base model corsa then why not just sell it to anyone for 3k less anyway that way scrapage would be virtually redundant as more people would be tempted by the honest priceing in the first place.
But the whole point is the buyer DID buy a brand new new car. He chucked his clapped out old one in against it, got himself what looks like a bloody good deal and he and FD are happy.Some people don't want pre-registered cars, some people wouldn't think of looking for one.I suspect the buyer wanted a quick, easy deal and to get shut of his car.

A Renault Fuego died. It's hardly the end of the world, is it? A 26 year old appliance. The 1983 equivalent of what? Let's say a mid nineties Tigra.

you dont get the forum then do you, its design faults make up its success in what is defined as 'autoshite' :wink:
Old cars die when in the hands of uninterested owners. Shit happens. Plus it's not really about being green or keeping people in jobs (I mean car dealers are up there with Estate agents when it comes to dishing out Public love.....and the number of car industry workers is minimal compared to other tracts of the working populace) It's just about getting people back onto credit by any means possible, so we can go through the whole financial fuck up again at a later date...I have to agree with VWpowered though, whilst reading through this thread, a number of the comments have made me wonder whether some posters do get the forum and understand the Ethos of 'Autoshite'.Personally I'd be happy to see a few less Minors (dull) and Audi A4s (boring, the reps car of choice, the new Sierra), cluttering the showground and the motorways respectively. Scrappage is ideal for this :lol:

most folk are paying cash at the moment,as there money is doing nothing in the banks,and some of them are still worried they would loose out if there bank went belly up.so disagree about getting more folk into credit,people also have to be more responsible,if you can't pay,don't sign up for it.

Christ, reading the last few pages really is a case of WTF! :shock: A Fuego died. It looked a reasonable thing albeit not a minter. It's still a shame though. Fuegos are quite nice in an Autoshite way - not the best in class but did a decent job and pleasant enough. Still, it was the owners property and his to do with as he wished. He chose to scrappage it against a new car that he wanted to buy. If he had wanted to sell it on and thus 'save' it he could. But he didn't.It's not the job of a car salesman to try and save it - and tbh any salesman trying to persuade a customer that they should go down some complicated route to resell it which whilst it might 'save' the car wouldn't go down well with his sales manager or quite possibly the customer. The dealership most probably wouldn't want any publicity they might get from 'saving' something. Most of them are promoting the scrappage as a green thing and public perception to the saving a forgotten 1980's Renault would be bewilderment at best. The only people who would appreciate the dealership 'saving' it would be the likes of us and we are not exactly their target customers anyway.VWP's correct - Autoshite as far as I'm concerned is all about love for the unloved (as they might say on RR). A Fuego wasn't the best in class and is largely forgotten by the masses and consequently is of little value or appeal to most people, but thats part of it's appeal to us isn't it?

most folk are paying cash at the moment,as there money is doing nothing in the banks,and some of them are still worried they would loose out if there bank went belly up.so disagree about getting more folk into credit,people also have to be more responsible,if you can't pay,don't sign up for it.

If most people aren't using the credit that the Government, no doubt expected them to, then that is further proof that the scheme was never properly planned, as the only beneficiaries are a working minority and foreign manufacturers. Nice one Government planning advisors and consultants, on shitloads of public money a day. They're the other winners in this... :x

would harldy call the uk motortrade a minority job,and the other winners are the government/taxpayer due to the expected £150 million profit from the vat.

The motortrade is still a working minority (certainly compared to what it used to be) within the whole of the population, as say against the service industry (why didn't the Government help out Woolworths, MFI, Borders this week for example. These are part of an industry that employs far more people, just as worthy, but credit isn't involved at the point of sale) And £150 million profit is chicken feed in the grand scheme of things, compared to the billions wasted on things such as government computer systems that will be abandonded, Defra payment fuck ups, Tax payer subsidising a 'Private' public transport network (far more than when it was British Rail). The Directors of the Royal Bank of Scotland, which the Taxpayer owns 70% of, want to pay £1.5 billion pound in bonuses and are threatening to resign if they can't. WTF!!!To be honest I aint bothered about the scrapping of the old cars, and you're doing your job FD I understand that, it's the complete financial ineffiency and misdirection of the Gov that boils my piss. I maybe read to much Private Eye, but GRRRRR :evil: