Shite Ron’s shonky shed shenanigans

Shite Ron

Prompted by a comment on the how many cars do you own thread I thought I should start a thread to make a contribution to the forum, if there is any interest I will try and update now and again.

Work on the cars has almost stopped due to work, house renovation and slow progress on building a garage. I hope to be able to have all my cars at home when the garage is completed but still need to get the floors done. Current state below:

image.thumb.jpeg.d0a071149ff8216374c72e95bdc765f5.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.61f74b135b880ea03fae9a5d68d5321a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a34f9647141be120046b0e241f358539.jpeg

Below is a picture of the inside of the garage in the top picture, the upper floor will hold five cars above the garage in the second picture with the door half fitted. There are now five cars in a row where the estate is in the below picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.5702de4f7b63c4e1a31ebf1d47e8c083.jpeg

We started a few cars for the first time in a while to swap some garage doors the weekend before last.
Only the Jag  and two Cortina’s were started and driven, the others were pushed!

image.thumb.jpeg.3a919754664a1105446602499236aea1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0088ddd189dcf984b409d8ae979c4141.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.07679ad53e9242e9bf974243d33baa71.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d4ab6b63d331421646e51283f03db97.jpeg

image.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

What a fleet! You can't just leave it there though... what's the back story? 

What do you want to know? I have loved cars, especially Cortina’s since I was a very small child. I bought a Cortina when I was 16 to learn to drive in and passed my test in it soon after my 17th birthday. I have always had more than one car, first of all to buy and sell to make enough to be able to afford to run a car, later I had more than one because after I bought my first house I run cars that cost no more than a week’s wages for many years so always had a spare when one was having major welding surgery.  I seem to have accumulated quite a few cars as I keep seeing things I like, hopefully I will start on restoring some again in a couple of years. The garage with the Alvis in will be my workshop where I will have room to work on 4 cars at a time but currently it has 7 cars in so is a bit tight!

9 hours ago, wesacosa said:

fab collection.. That brown Mk5 Estate is epic ;)

Edit, just checked pic again, it it a mk4 ?

Thanks, yes it is an early mk4 hence the tan roof which was not an option for long sadly. I also have an 82 model mk5 Ghia estate in Walnut brown but that is not in such nice condition! Below is another picture of the mk4 next to my Granada in the same garage:

image.thumb.jpeg.ce6ed5ff8d6178eeab57c7e97947b26f.jpeg

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

However much space you have you always need more!

A MK2 Granada 2.8 GL Auto pre facelift is a dream for my fleet. I had a dark blue 6 year old S reg 2.8GL auto many years ago and sold it because I was trying to start a business. 

This is very true,  I had 8 cars at my last house and thought moving here would solve my storage issues. Instead I bought more cars and still want more!

I specifically wanted an early 2.8GL, ideally I would have liked one in Oyster Gold with tan interior but they are very rare now. The originality of this and the blue interior made this irresistible. It is a very recent addition purchased just before lockdown. The  gearbox  has recently stopped working in reverse so I am hoping that an oil, filter and gasket change will cure this, fingers very much crossed!

I would love to attend one of your FOD events next year to drool over your collection, if  get a chance I will bring the Granada for you to have a drive.  I don’t think the CX will be ready in time as due to lockdown work has not even started on it. (The mk5 is not mine) The Citroen is still away from home.

image.thumb.jpeg.da87c4fbf60b392cd9ee8cf050e1b330.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

This is very true,  I had 8 cars at my last house and thought moving here would solve my storage issues. Instead I bought more cars and still want more!

I specifically wanted an early 2.8GL, ideally I would have liked one in Oyster Gold with tan interior but they are very rare now. The originality of this and the blue interior made this irresistible. It is a very recent addition purchased just before lockdown. The  gearbox  has recently stopped working in reverse so I am hoping that an oil, filter and gasket change will cure this, fingers very much crossed!

I would love to attend one of your FOD events next year to drool over your collection, if  get a chance I will bring the Granada for you to have a drive.  I don’t think the CX will be ready in time as due to lockdown work has not even started on it. (The mk5 is not mine) The Citroen is still away from home.

image.thumb.jpeg.da87c4fbf60b392cd9ee8cf050e1b330.jpeg

I would love to try your Granada.

I should say my cars are spread around as I have nowhere to keep them all together.

This was mine it had done about 60,000 miles. I bought it knowing it had a bad gearbox oil leak in the days when it was easy to have a Ford C3 box repaired. 

If my memory serves me correctly a preface lift MK2 Granada had an ammeter while a facelift had a voltmeter?

Granada MKII 2.8GL blue.jpg

Nice collection @Shite Ron.

I count 7 garages once the renovations are complete. Incredible. 8-)

Love the Cortina estate. It reminds me of the mark 4 saloon I used to see parked (or dumped - I couldn't really tell!) in the front garden of a council house I used to deliver newspapers to (early 1990s) . From memory I think that was an early brown one, quite possibly with the tan vinyl roof. 🤔

From a fellow Ford licker... I’ve just had a crisis!!🤩

Some absolutely gorgeous cars in your fleet, and I’ve got severe garage envy too. I’d very much love to add a Cortina to my own fleet soon, they’re one of the cars I’ve loved as long as I can remember, they’re everything a mid size saloon/estate car should be, styled well too imho.

18 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

From a fellow Ford licker... I’ve just had a crisis!!🤩

Some absolutely gorgeous cars in your fleet, and I’ve got severe garage envy too. I’d very much love to add a Cortina to my own fleet soon, they’re one of the cars I’ve loved as long as I can remember, they’re everything a mid size saloon/estate car should be, styled well too imho.

What makes you think I ‘m a Ford licker?😆 I also have a Volvo here that you may like, purchased from Garethj of this Parish. Sadly not currently on the road, and needing some attention like the majority of the fleet. You would be very welcome here if you turn up in your Capri, it is stunning.  

1 hour ago, Shite Ron said:

What makes you think I ‘m a Ford licker?😆 I also have a Volvo here that you may like, purchased from Garethj of this Parish. Sadly not currently on the road, and needing some attention like the majority of the fleet. You would be very welcome here if you turn up in your Capri, it is stunning.  

You’ve clearly got exquisite taste in cars!😀

Ill have to get my finger out and actually finish the Capri.

Fantastic set of garages. I thought a house with a triple was well served. I'm still trying to get my head round how all those garage spaces relate to each other and the front of the house. Will be great to see some more pics when the building work is done and the cars are in.

7 minutes ago, 406V6 said:

Fantastic set of garages. I thought a house with a triple was well served. I'm still trying to get my head round how all those garage spaces relate to each other and the front of the house. Will be great to see some more pics when the building work is done and the cars are in.

The garage with the Alvis in is the old dairy and barns attached to the side of the house. We took the whole front out and all internal walls down and rebuilt the front with two 4.3m openings for the double width doors. This garage is about 39 foot by 18 foot and will be my workshop. Attached to this are two 8 x 20 foot single garages (newly built). Opposite with the Granada in is the main garage which has two 4m door openings at the top and one at the side ( lower level) The top part where the Granada is will fit 5 cars in a row and will have another 5 on the upper level accessed via a 4 post ramp on rollers. The lower garage in picture 2 with the partially fitted door is 18 foot by 32 foot so will fit 6 cars (very tightly) in two rows of 3. Five separate garage area’s in total and should house a total of 22 cars in the warm and dry assuming I can keep to only 4 cars in my workshop (which currently has 7 cars in).

• 5 weeks later...

Since last posting the lower garage was cleared out and we drove the mk4 L estate in, this is my tip run car and has been off the road a few years now, so a check over to make roadworthy is in order.

image.thumb.jpeg.163c09e0d5f2c9e9db641e824f3d74bd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.814edc498eb8f60f7537eab5873f17a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b5ed27af9975b304f782b27a1645e06.jpeg

A bit of prodding followed by a wire wheel found a few holes and very flaky rear valance.

image.thumb.jpeg.5fa81acedb0eb8eaf1731ecb66f7085a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d177f7b85528d362234d30e8f7fb8c92.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.a53c1a507bc3272b44421664318c6ee0.jpeg

So a few bits of welding here and there, new brake lines, front pads and tie rod bushes and it will hopefully be ready for an MOT. After seeing Vulgalours Princess I keep thinking of a respray as it has some Matt black panels(Not from me I must add)

There has also been another addition to the fleet, sadly this is only deemed suitable as a spares car so will be broken up. Hopefully it will provide enough bits to get the CX I bought from the CCI auction earlier in the year roadworthy.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f998293afb2a3d60f0c354d6eb73fe3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c7d3f24c0f0128a926eac48b6c8c1186.jpeg

Please forgive the lack of collection thread, breakfast and petrol station shot. Hopefully you will understand it had to be collected and was also local.

image.thumb.jpeg.6647d5d152a219d08a77299c08cafa3a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3231c4b066cbf563728707f790a5e492.jpeg

After an hour or so of plugging wires and an ignition switch in plus pouring petrol down the carb, the blue CX fired into life for the first time since I bought it. I cannot take any credit for this as my friend did most of the work. Sadly the car did not rise off the floor as we hoped but it is progress.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f7ea66409b6050b82244369ee9e53d5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2f7ea66409b6050b82244369ee9e53d5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1dce21e6ab563cc7a77cb81620adafd3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a44b00eaa68a38268ddfd808b6224b8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9d65028330bdb20c3fef097dc864d02c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6e9a889fb43738378209794eb65f4129.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.33e3f3ade3e4afd8a38a5426e2719719.jpeg

I love this car it is totally bonkers but great. I cannot wait to drive it, the engine sounds good on both.

On 10/9/2020 at 4:23 PM, Shite Ron said:

Five separate garage area’s in total and should house a total of 22 cars in the warm and dry assuming I can keep to only 4 cars in my workshop (which currently has 7 cars in)..

22 cars in your garages !  There's a great thread on the blue forum - who's got the best garage.  You must be one of the top contenders for the best garage(s) on Autoshite.  Well done.