Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

Dropped into ToolStation and scored 1M * M8 threaded rod @ยฃ2:60

....... Bit of 'fartcan clamping' jiggery-pokery may be required. I have a sack of nuts/shakey washers + some scrap u-channel ๐Ÿ‘โœ”๏ธ

#twitalert#.... ๐Ÿค”

Some of you may be thinking 'hmm, looks to be a LONG FartCan for a SHORT ARSED Swift!'

Yes, me too ๐Ÿ˜ฎ....

It is 2" shorter than the underfloor 'gap'.

๐ŸŽ‰ ... TF

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

Been lying under the car today (yupp = warm + dry day!)

Backbox has been 'cobbled' onto the main link pipe previously... Good News = I have a stout length of 42MM pipe (clamped onto factory original pipe) then running to rotted out box... I chop through the 42MM and wizz the Fart Can onto the end, using a short piece of the linkpipe I just got delivered.

The hanger rubbers are OK and with a piece of u channel across the F.C. and a heavy wire hook, to either side, then hanging/location will be sorted ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Just been rummaging in 'man cave' (back kitchen cupboard) hoping to unearth a tube of Ex paste [non-solidified ๐Ÿ™„]

Pleased to report the Granville tube, last seen light of day when cobbling back box onto ToMMยฉ, is 80% full + soft as toothpaste....

Full Of WIN ๐Ÿ˜Žโœ”๏ธ

Right ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Weatherman says 'sunny + warm[..ish!]'

Monday is FartCan-a-go-go....... ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‹

*Everyone? wants lotssa piccies + Vid !!

ย ๐Ÿ˜ฑ ..... I'm quite looking forward to all this ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ+๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

Removing the old box, cutting through doubled pipe, using a mini padsaw..... ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Shoulders are shouting a wee bit just now ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

IMG_20230130_112006.jpg

All clamped up, nice and neat fitting ๐Ÿ˜Ž

IMG_20230130_133419.jpg

The difference in the pipe diameter is made up with chopped rings (original dia tube) made into two lesser sizes = jumps the size gap ๐Ÿ”จโœ”๏ธ

IMG_20230130_100948.jpg

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

MK2 ver. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

The major pipe must be cut, to crimp onto the original ex section ๐Ÿ˜•... I cut 3 slots = not enough!! = Pipe loose/hanging/knocking ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

This morning had all in bits again... 6 slots + further depth into the pipe.

Also my 'no prisoners' 1/2" driver breaker was used to lean on the clamp nuts... Till they SQUEAKED ๐Ÿ”จ

...... Test drive to destruction (err, local roads/potholes ๐Ÿ™„) = 100% rock solid ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Made an interesting/frightening๐Ÿ˜ฑ discovery, whilst having to take the R/O/S wheel off to a access ex box....

The alloy wheel nuts are 7/8"(22mm) and I don't have a wheel brace that size in the car.. OOPSS ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

I got by happily with the 7/8" socket[3/8 drive] in my Kamsa box.... But really wanted 1/2" one for my Extender wheel brace.

So then, I popped ยฃ3.99 on bayofFlee for a 7/8"6sider@1/2" drive.

...... probably get a flat now ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

Exhausting Update...... ๐Ÿ˜•

The dreaded 'occasional klonk' (but not over the same pothole) ๐Ÿ™„

...... So, for two days, I've had her arse up my ramps and aggressive finessing of 'bungy rubber hangers' has got the pipe firmly suspended way, and I mean far&away from the trailing link.

Silence now reigns ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

I have splashed out, in the 'Land of the Free', for a Torque Strut.... The most hammered part of engine mounts in Swift [Auto only].

Spent some while 'drilling down' into the wildcard/search on RockAuto ๐Ÿ˜Ž

IMG_20230204_190257.jpg

.... Absolutely the 'last in stock' and searching just anywhere else, Webbie mining Euro Stockists.... #[Out Of Stock] ๐Ÿ˜•

I'm giving some thought to the Engine Mounts.... Particularly the Autobox/chassis rail rubber - it is now NLA - and when powering around a corner, with tight lock to the left, I'm getting a metallic chatter/knock.

25 years old + 50k.... I think some 'refresh' is appropriate ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

IMG_20230205_153828.jpg

1597659032839.jpg

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

Well...... 'powertrain' you say ๐Ÿ™„

I have started getting a proper racket up from front & rear.... Sounds like the Ex pipe - front to back ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Up on the ramps we go [... Again... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ] and, well, wodd ja no ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ.... The Ex tip has Welded it's self to the Thermoplastic bumper ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต

A little bit of tennon saw action got a large, melted snot chopped out = Ex now dangling as it should ๐Ÿ˜Ž

...... bodgitt n scarper haven't a look in ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

Well..... IMP = pipedream ๐Ÿ˜•

.... Today, coming back to Tyneside from Rothbury - frost ragged farmers back roads, toe in ๐Ÿ˜Ž, gravel peppering the arches & eyeballs vibrating like pinball pegs.....

SuziQ was as much a stand-in as likely, in my future ....

#nearly forgot# .... Of course, my fartbox @5k [holddown] was >>> ๐Ÿ˜‹sublime๐Ÿ˜‹

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

Around Tues, last week, I made a swerve [to dodge a farmer* in a Forrester] into the verge on a country road..... Crash = pothole ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ.

Now..... I have the howl/brrrmmm coming up from the front ns ๐Ÿ™„. Constant on rbts (turn right) silent on left turns......

I'm going to have to get it into the local garage as I'm not equipped for brg swaps ๐Ÿคฌ