Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

On 03/07/2023 at 09:27, tooSavvy said:

Hmm...... OTOH

IMG_20230703_092606.jpg

Running that plate MOT will give you the reason I reckoned it might be worth a punt...

63,000 miles in 17yr... Few owners...

It doesn't, to be fair, live on the same continent as SuziQ = the A/C (after doing a tour of Yorkshire last summer @28°C) was "high on SWMBO want-list" 🙄.

I was acutely aware that when 'mixing it with the boys', coming up the A1 from Leeds, the needle requires concentration to keep it under 70 😮💞.

It'll Do 😎

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, yes, I've bought it, I'm still not quite sure how and why haha. I saw it parked up at the side of the road in early October. Apparently the previous owner had bought it from a garage in Dewsbury where John dropped it off. He bought it for his mother in law to drive who sadly passed away hence the car was for sale. It had done around 400 miles while he had it. I've had it a few months now, it seems a great car, I've covered 600 miles in it and so far ( apart from an exhaust issue) it's going okay. It's started to stall when cold but they could be to do with the inches of snow on the poor girl. 

IMG_20231015_142100.jpg

IMG_20231015_162203_1CS.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi All, just a quick update, she's nearly at 2000 miles of my ownership. No mechanical issues to report. She's running lovely. Just given her a wash and a good vac out. Keeping the salt off. I'm really starting to get attached to her. Only issue is growing lacquer peel to the roof, I was contemplating a Japanese flag roof wrap or something to try cover it. Or should I wait to see if she can pass her next MOT......

IMG_20240216_164039.jpg

IMG_20240216_164130.jpg

Ace little 'pocket rocket'....

You really need to get the screen out/replaced to remedy the rust creeping along the seal, top LH.

My Getz is 100% less 'milk crate rattling' on what passes for tarmac around here....

PAS.... I'm a wimp 🙄

4 holes + 16V does impart a velocity *change potential which, if in the mood... 😎

I've seen your Corolla >> YKIMS 😉

Enjoy M8

Mileage? Getz has done from 63k to 78k since July 4th 🔥🚀

🚙💨