Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

I will pop the bonnet and check my crucial 'manifold/bonnet skin' clearance....

I have ordered some new screws, for locating the box-lid (some were missing/rusted) 25mm long 👍

Box will be no good if it doesn't squeeze in the gap 😕

IMG_20211004_165602.jpg

Further action...... I have cut off all the mounting bracket/webs from the base box. I have sliced a chunk out of the corner (where the inlet pipe neck would be) so that I clear the fixed EGR vac controller.

When I reach the point of 'screwing it into position' I shall cobble up an enclosure to reseal the lopped off section of casing....  re-attach the inlet pipe neck >> somewhere else... and look at reusing the FIAT snorkel 👍

IMG_20211007_173705.jpg

IMG_20211007_173615.jpg

IMG_20211007_173432.jpg

IMG_20211007_173418.jpg

*Fork In Road*

..... FIAT box is simply too massive for space in engine bay ...

PlanB

I have popped for a much more conservative style enclosure [Allegro 1500 airbox] but with a twist.... As I'm keen to have as much 'open space' around the TB, I have done some Webbie mining and specced an A/F which is the correct thickness & outside dia BUT much thinner walled - making the insides much more roomy.

£16, all in.... (No Jam 😜)

*Still using the snorkel pipe from FIAT

IMG_20211018_120738.jpg

IMG_20211020_092452.jpg

IMG_20211020_092225.jpg

My 63mm 'throat' velocity stack has just been dropped off. It is greater than 63 as you go up to the mouth.

It needs to be large because, although the butterfly inlet is 40mm, the TB is wider directly above (64mm) to allow the injector to sit directly above the throttle plate, allowing air flow.....

🧐

One *seasonal thing that buggs the fcuk out of me..... My HRW switch is iffy 😱

It is a pushhy inny/outty one, with a telltale - directly wired across the HRW output = no glow is NO DEFOG!

£3 will see me sorted......

IMG_20211108_101545.jpg

The factory switch is 'dash illuminated' but I'm tapping those wires off... To run the little lamp in my Oil Pressure Gauge ™when fitted 😎

As reported in 'giffer trinkets...' >> I have some DRL coming from China.

My headlights are 'switched earth', so all the wiring is live all the time = fitting a 'lighting ON/DRL OFF' relay would be complicated.

Having just rebuilt the HRW switch, which was 'dash illuminated'(when you put any lights on) AND the little lamps all go Direct To Earth 🤔..... We now know how to put a relay in [dashlights ON= DRL OFF].

Another problem blasted away......

👍

• 3 weeks later...

Christ on a bike 😱

I'm bombing along, near Wingate, going to see the daughter.... I drive around the corner, the road is hedged in, and hear a thwack up through the wheels .... drive around the next bend (opp lock)... HAMMERS >> like the the wheelnuts are coming off!!

Hmmmm....... Now all quiet, pulls up at the house >> quick yark on the nuts = OK!

Can only be a 'stick', from The Storm, and I have cartwheeled it up onto the drive shaft and out the spokes.... Shitted A Brick.

*Need to eyeball CV boot tomozz.....

• 2 weeks later...