Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

There was one of those 'bling' new vehikklees behind me, t'other day..

In all its shineyness I realised I had NO brake lights, Bar Highline LED.

Wilco do a great deal on a twopack... Less than webland!

Quick 10mins just now and all is returned to 'rudolf glow'😉

I hung my phone over the parcel shelf, on video setting, and was able to check they were working .... Singlehanded 🧐 !

I had a truly surreal conversation with the daughter, last evening....

She said remembering I had lamented the end of my aerial having broken off (likely car wash brushes). She had put up a general request on some ArseBuk page and a guy popped up claiming to have an unused aerial for my (she put up a piccie) Swift... free to collect! Subsequently adding he had a #Rear Hatch Spoiler... free to collect 🤪

RockyHorsePoop.... We Will See.

#L8 Noose# ..... For a '05 on 'new shape'!

• 2 weeks later...

MOT..... 'white winkers' orange bulbs 😱

..... I have had a bit of a lonnggg stare at both rear winkers, tonight.

They are NOT ORANGE (obvz...) but this is the first MOT with these "well, it's a matter of opinion, m8!" winkers.

New orange bulbs soon after I got SuziQ.... Can Do No More 🤔

Spectacular FAIL .......

Having put £30 fuel in we discover 'tank venting pipe (rubber)' is weeping. Tank down to fix! #should have cancelled my test#.😱

While he is at it, I thought he may as well put on the Discs+Pads I have in the cupboard (he observed we are down to the Rizlas) = good guess then!

Using the MOT as a 'pre annual service' flag system is a bit Edge Of Seat Excitement.... but he is a great guy and we 'get things sorted- no praablem!'

Back in next Wed 👍

IMG_20210901_085333.jpg

HaHa.... Stuck a 'will she/won't she' lowball onto eBay. My alt belt was up for £7.99 [or offer] so I hit them with £6.00.....

24hrs later (I watched the clock for last 2 min...) No Dice 😱

Fu##em! Banged my second choice @£6:20 p/free.

My money is always waiting for them......

On 04/09/2021 at 11:18, tooSavvy said:

Just popped £11.99 for a Timing Tooth Belt. QTB493

I will fit that myself (bottom pulley comes off = 20min job) 😎

Hmm.... I feel an utter fraud 🥺

I'm going to do my oil+filter but - frankly - I'm inclined to slope off the timing belt to the garage....

I have the tools/skill/jack's & axle stands BUT can't be bothered 😱

..... age kicking in, bastard (bus pass next!!)

I also get those moments where clarity fleetingly arrives to foresee the sheer oxymoronic nature of the '5min' car task which only reveals its true 2hr53min length after the car is immobilised with the raggy wood chiselled remains of an oil filter stuck to the block like 'Fram 5304h by michealangelo' and the only thin wall socket for the T belt tensioner cracked and flapping like a leach upon your toolbox space.

6 minutes ago, Jikovron said:

I also get those moments where clarity fleetingly arrives to foresee the sheer oxymoronic nature of the '5min' car task which only reveals its true 2hr53min length after the car is immobilised with the raggy wood chiselled remains of an oil filter stuck to the block like 'Fram 5304h by michealangelo' and the only thin wall socket for the T belt tensioner cracked and flapping like a leach upon your toolbox space.

This...... But In Spades 👍

#i suddenly feel much better#

OTOH..... Bolt On mods.... I'm all for that!

My plan to install an Oil Pressure Gauge is progressing nicely.

After much consideration of tapping existing engine/head 'oil galleries' I elected to use a Sandwich Plate. This one cost £11 from Hong Kong!

It is a substantial chunk - extruded form and machined for threads and faces. Good thread on the step/extension. Very good match to the filter rubber seal/the plate o-rings are at the same diameter as the existing filter.

This is totally 'fanny fucking about' free... I will replace one of the NPT with a BSPT plug (crappy but ok with a wrap of PTFE tape) - do the oil change/filter in the next few days and then run the capillary gauge tube down to it at a later, convenient time.

Uncomplicated.... That's me 🥰

IMG_20210915_113712.jpg

The 'oil filter sandwich plate' is now ready - for my oil change ONLY.

You can see my iron 1/8bspt plug (+ PTFE tape) is set.... It will screw out/replaced by brass fitting when my wet Oil Pressure Gauge is ready to be fitted. The two other ports are sealed shut forever.... Alloy NPT plugs (supplied in kit) PTFE tape & a dab of thread lock 👍

IMG_20210924_160237.jpg