Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

One of my main concerns was always >> oil line installation = holes in dash :(

Some time spent sitting in the car has convinced me to go 'screen pillar/pod' - I can fit the gauge at the lower end of the plastic [removable] cover + feed the oil line/illumination wires down the screen pillar (basically an open ended tube) where the aerial is atm ;)

51108768071_3f53d4b6e2_z.jpg

Feel good about the plan now......

Now..... you all know me :)

..... nobody could guess in a month of Sundays why I just bought two of these @£1.65 ea.

51111086237_0c5411941f_c.jpg

https://www.wickes.co.uk/FloPlast-50mm-MiniFlo-Downpipe-Pipe-Socket---Black/p/114589?utm_source=google&scid=scplp114589&sc_intid=114589&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

ha ha ha

*clue*... I may f#ck up first try.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted much cos not done much....

*got a haircut today YaY!

Ahem.... Took the ball n chain for a cruize along the coast at lunchtime and, when we ran out of good views [Blyth!], I slotted onto the Spine Road/A19 to zip back into Wallsend... Well, y'know, it is a Straight>>Flat blast (those who drive it at all...) so I decided to scare the mice who have moved into the exhaust .. during Lockdown!

Nothing learry >> new wheels are brick solid steady + my MiNi wheel is 100% aced on centre >> squeezing all the lemon had us on an INDICATED 85 .... BUT .... The 175/70-14 tyres are a 10% underspeed on the speedo ;)

*speedo errors are unconfirmed, officer*

I like my SuziQ, folks.....

Well I Never Did Seee......

Coming up past Wellfield, from the seafront, a turquoise Swift 2dr :)

..... as the sun was in my eyes I only sort of 'half saw it' out of the corner of my eye and it was past us, the opposite way, in a flash....

That makes 2 in the N.E.

;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My *two 'lodgers' are about their collective devilment [again!]

.... Second cousins seem to be 'flopping out' wherever :(

I looked down at the tranny stick [I do wish there was a selector display in the dash....] and one of the fu##ers was making a swift dash for 'warmer climes' up my jeans leg.

SPIDERS *from doormirrors!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Ba11s... The s/steel tip for ex is a wee bit bigger than SuziQ outpipe...

It is wobbling about.... Wedgerrie to be orgaznized :)

I stuck the s/steel tip into the vice... Drilled through & tapped fresh pinch-bolt hole..... Nice plated M6 bolt = its on till hell freezes over :)

*shout out for 'cheepz chink taps, via BayofFlea'.

Loaded my Bday money onto my card and have been giving it 'large' on the Retail Therapy ;)

Bid into BayofFlea on 'NOS' Delphi pads.. Accepted @£10 freepost.

Scored for 2x Discs @£24 freepost.

..... just need Suny dayz :)

Swift_disc.jpg

Dog and Bark....

Daughter secured 'freecycle' unused/unwanted capper boots :)

I got 'volunteered' to drive over to Fenham to pick them up  :(

However, driving alone I get to choose music + volume level.

Home now = Happy & ears ringing  ;)

On 6/29/2021 at 4:22 PM, tooSavvy said:

Taking advantage of some decent, warm weather....

Swift_VacRenew.jpg

Swift_trimpipe.jpg

WaxTreat#2.jpg

WaxTreat#1.jpg

Splashed some wax about... Fitted the ex tip (kept back when ToMM© went) & replaced a few of the old Vac pipes.....

;)

For a twenty years and more old 'zook, that's looking lovely and clean underneath. 

I have decided to put something, a badge logo in the centre of my steering wheel. Other versions (in BL product...) had the Plug!

2021712_233530190.jpg

Dunno what these are off but, at about 1" x 3/4" one should do for me very nicely as a Centre Badge.

£6

;)

9 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I have decided to put something, a badge logo in the centre of my steering wheel. Other versions (in BL product...) had the Plug!

2021712_233530190.jpg

Dunno what these are off but, at about 1" x 3/4" one should do for me very nicely as a Centre Badge.

£6

;)

GSX 1100 motorbike fairing, say our American cousins :)

Just finished cobbling together my 'One Man Vac Bleeder'© ....

Vac_pump.thumb.jpg.786c7af17440a3610e723a9b772cd490.jpg

The pump is actually from HomeBargs @99P (dismantled and piston refitted upside down)

The blue fishtank 'clack-valve' means only air passes INTO the pump body.... with a pop bottle + rubber hose I can draw out my brake fluid while I'm sorting the Discs/Pads ;)

Geezz.....  It's hot!

2021717_163943514.thumb.jpg.78f9d6f3fcd5744eaa6828a5ee2a91c7.jpg2021717_16401640.thumb.jpg.d3cd9abbd9db74cd0cdfed304543fb41.jpg

QE2 park, nr Woodhorn, Ashington.

Swans & cygnets.... but mum & dad kept them safely on the lake :)

Nice *nosh for lunch.

*SWMBO has already picked out 'All Day Breakfast' as her plateful, next Sat.

Had a bit of a shock! ...... lol

I made the mistake of imagining I was dealing on here... A guy over RR has just parted out 2 square old Micras.

He invited offers and I had noticed those tough/thick Dealer Fit 'NISSAN' mats in a piccie... I enquired a price for the set [4 if they were there] = £40 del.

PASS.....

Im loving reading up on all the adventures this is getting up to , that's I  many ways more important than even what car it is really,,better to see someone enjoy a Suzuki 'automatic' as intended and get miles down enjoyably than a prized classic kept as a first world show trophy in a resource hungry conditioned garage etc!

1 hour ago, Jikovron said:

Im loving reading up on all the adventures this is getting up to , that's I  many ways more important than even what car it is really,,better to see someone enjoy a Suzuki 'automatic' as intended and get miles down enjoyably than a prized classic kept as a first world show trophy in a resource hungry conditioned garage etc!

Thanks for that....

Balls oot 10/10ths ..... I'm an IMPnutter, remember ;)

35700757481_cd09806e12_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...