Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

My 'alloy wheel guy', in Lincoln, was very helpful.... Insisting we got a wheel off to check the fitting of his Mizzi alloy.

50500633587_465996f577_z.jpg

They are sleeve nuts so that will be a special extra purchase 😕

They look rather smart, though, and because the shagged out tyres that are on the rims are 195s.... overhanging the bead around an inch.... the dreaded 'kerb rash' is absent.

Spigot rings are in the post so, get nuts + see my mate @ATS >> Jobs A Goodun  :)

6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Is that a screwdriver through the jack instead of a hinge? Wow, I thought I was a bodge artist! 

Well..... The wizzo tinwire crank handle, for the jack, is trapped behind the spare - in the well + wheel is screwed in with a retainer disc!

As we just wanted to raise car, I grabbed my tool roll and that screwwie - teased the jack out of its clamp/bracket in the well & my Polish compatriot was happily able to wrist wrestle sufficient lift to do Wheelie Maggiks.....

*note to self, Wear a Mask!

;)

Not having studied the manual closely during the excitement of collection, I found the rearward doormirror orientation a bit Marty Feldman....

My old swift had wiggle levers for adjustment but non were to be seen 😕

I got my eye on a little switch on the dash, under the ign... Oof

Select a Side/4 way rocker.... Doesn't say GLX on the boot for nowt! Ha Ha

It grinds my pennypinching sprocket.... BUT.... I pulled the trigger @£11 a corner, for sleeved nuts c/w washers 😕

I did exploratory scratching, with a sharp round file, to see what the alloy hub of the wheels was like >> some wheels are machined with an insert and use ordinary cone nuts >> but this is simply plain ally drilled straight through at 19mm (a lot of nuts are specified 3/4" hole.. either one).

I contemplated drilling out the shoulder of the 19mil hole, with a blacksmiths drill, to around an inch..... giving me a conical face for a plain chrome conical dome nut.  I read carefully all reports of "cone nut on non insert ally wheels" [quite a few of the race/rally lads happily redrill pcd BUT wisely use sleeved nut&washer] I got a very strong sense that cones direct into alloy fret and gouge = loose wheels  😕

I have ordered hub-centric rings so everything will be spot on ;)

*in extra 'fuck n damn' news.... My internal door pull has snapped at the pivot >>> chatty moulded plastic with steel hinge pin through. Appointment with the 'toothpick of doom' set, poondlands A-B twopack araldite will be pressed into service. 

I can hardly wait... lol

#having consulted the web/utoob/Chiltern manual.... Seems door liner off to access latch & remove. Araldite will be involved but after some little dismantlement [YES >> you can all guess the repair will be factory +brickshitter/unbustable] ..... don't want to do it twice  ;)

I was idly roaming my eyes over the dash... as you do... and it was twilight so a good chance to see what sort of candles we have ;)

Sitting with dipped beam flooding the street I noticed the dash illumination is very sharp and clear..... I wonder if there is a rheostat/dimmer? Looking under the dash line I see the foglight switch & next is a knob!! I twist knob but no dimness 😕 ..... Ah Haa = the headlight beam is going up and down!! 

Fuck me >>> this feature was on the Savvy (brand new) and was $hite.... Here we are 22yr old and smooth as a smooth thing.

I dunno.... These low milers ;)

LoL

26 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

I was idly roaming my eyes over the dash... as you do... and it was twilight so a good chance to see what sort of candles we have ;)

Sitting with dipped beam flooding the street I noticed the dash illumination is very sharp and clear..... I wonder if there is a rheostat/dimmer? Looking under the dash line I see the foglight switch & next is a knob!! I twist knob but no dimness 😕 ..... Ah Haa = the headlight beam is going up and down!! 

Fuck me >>> this feature was on the Savvy (brand new) and was $hite.... Here we are 22yr old and smooth as a smooth thing.

I dunno.... These low milers ;)

LoL

It's not the sort of thing you touch more than once or twice every decade. 

My annual insurance renewal comes up early Nov and today I got the 'auto-renew/check all details are correct/you need do nothing' letter....

ToMM© has been ticking over all the years I've had her around £200 FC.

FAAAAKKKKKKKK 😕

Renewal £396...... Ya fffinnnnn wahhhh

Kerchinnng 'Confused'.... fuck I am!!

Churchill = £204 FC

........ jezzoozzz ;)

*yes... essentially the like for like levels.

41 minutes ago, barefoot said:

So what's it like to drive?

Smooth as silk & silent, as is a fish?

Should I get one? Or should I hold out for something smaller & more CVT?

A fucking riot! *shameful admission time >> I still haven't grown up 😕

..... IF you do a 'carpet crush' start [AllOfDaBeenzz] the kick/hold down will stay low until you hit 6k then whack you up ;)

..... On a 'dampish surface' *officer* I actually needed lock!!

All of this is over in <10seconds and ... well at 40 ... you are being cheeky in a built up area.

I will mature/garbollox will implode but, fuck me..... "Can I have a 99, please?".

anything else (yes it does 85)......

I will give the wheels a scrub&buff today, the back/inner is a bit 'old alloy wheel kept in damp shed' grotfluff.... this will get a good scrub.

Off to the ATS lads (5 tyres stripped, 1 rim kept as my unused spare rim)

Reckon 175/70-14 will fit the bill (no PAS).....

My marrer @ATS.... First question.... "Where's the Toyyo?".... has run through his budget tyres and we are of the opinion there are NO cheap tyres 😕

TBH I have had my fair poonds worth out of those Landsails on ToMM© (about 40k, and the Advisory is shoulder wear - good centre groove depth remains) so we are ordering 4x 175/70-14 @£50 a corner.

The fifth alloy isn't being tyred for the spare... just a keeper, in case of a rim disaster!

I'm also having an alignment check, before fitment, as it gives us a good 'baseline' setting.

Piccies, as ever, when she is ponced up...... ;)

#SHOCK# ...... Savvy 'heathermills' available for 'flip' auction.....

Made a quick vid, for prospective buyers

One Careful (exclude reference to DoNuts) Owner

*as coincidence will have it.... My Doorlatch interior, drivers side IS broken = need to do just this lol

;)

This is something of a odd-bodd.... but.... the petrol tin flap, lockable with ign key, won't stay open >> as soon as you let go it swipes back shut. PITA as you turn back to the car, with the nozzle in hand, and the twat is shut (not locked)...

I have a cunning plan to make it 'poingg' open when unlocked and have to press in to re-lock. I cannot remember if my old 3door was similarly irritating or mebbies they do have a little spring but mine is duff 😕

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/suzuki/spring-fuel-filler-door-7711460B00000?q=77114-60B00

Ahh Haaa?

Added to list..... ;)

I will admit to a somewhat sketchy idea of actual tyre pressures, in the 13" oldies taken off today.... BUT.... there must be something odd as, now the 'twirly whirrly' wheel is as if PAS!

Heavy steering isn't an absolute dealbreaker but Charles Atlas shoulder wrenching is a drag...

Similarly the car is now virtually silent.... during this last week I believed a wheelbearing was off/rumbling [but a change of surface would dim or mute it]. The lads @ATS observed the two new winter block tyres, on the back, would have given off some roar.... it was them OK 😕

The tyres are brand new, still with fitting soap on the rim, must have been for the Sept MOT.  Winter blocks would have been a better fit/swap round to the front.... I would have thought.

Aneehoo, she is ReBorn ;)