Swift... eh? Nah!

tooSavvy

This is all-the-goss on my new steed >>

https://www.encycarpedia.com/suzuki/01-swift-1-0-hatch

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I have done a basic check on my Reg Plate. S507MBY

It flagged up 'plate changed' on one site, but as I wasn't paying, the details are not shown.... The car isn't dodgy and I have got the address of all the MOTs back to 06. Not a Suzuki dealer though.

Anyone with 'enhanced access' to motordata sites able to confirm this, one way or the other.....

Many thanks ;)

really should not be spending credits as im running low on them LOL, but when I looked it up via other free tools I noticed some anomalies so shoved it into the paid for tool

image.thumb.png.28e863dd8835382aac4ce0ddb7e3f7f1.png

ignore keeper 6 it seems to be a bleed through from when the plate A4SYH was on an Austin Metro E533DHD, tho I am curious to know what the V5 says LOL (does it say number of former keepers 2 or 5?)

(thanks to some anomalies/glitches this is one of the fews times I have actually been able to track what cars a private plate has been on, normally I can only track what plates a car has had but I cant track where a given plate has been)

image.thumb.png.287d6f8b1cbfd027a4269d69e031e4fa.png

You are a Starr..

Logbook says reg 13 Nov 98

Mot site says reg 31 Dec 98

Aneehoo..... Someone bought it and (like Matchbox collectors) 'left it in the box' lol

Many thanks m8

*trying to ID supplying Suzuki dealer, I ran all Reg numbers around it.

Surprised to find all different models and ALL currently in MOT.... So follows this Reg is a DVLA gimmie/rereg.

8 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

You are a Starr..

Logbook says reg 13 Nov 98

Mot site says reg 31 Dec 98

Aneehoo..... Someone bought it and (like Matchbox collectors) 'left it in the box' lol

Many thanks m8

Happy to have been able to help :)

yeah the MOT checker is not always that accurate, as it often gets its data from the DVSA and not the DVLA

and can be influenced based on what the MOT man sticks into the computer at time of test, and just in general works a bit differently 

most 3rd party tools will correctly grab the date of first registration for you, and you can check it yourself by giving the 1st party DVLA tool https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

your 11 digit V5 number when you click view tax rates button it will also bring up the exact date of first registration 

like so

screencapture-vehicleenquiry-service-gov-uk-VehicleFoundWithV5C-2020-10-09-11_05_43.thumb.png.189794e238d30b17fe7c230681a48e05.png

28 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

*trying to ID supplying Suzuki dealer, I ran all Reg numbers around it.

Surprised to find all different models and ALL currently in MOT.... So follows this Reg is a DVLA gimmie/rereg.

yeah im pretty sure the registration mark is an age related one

as the vehicle was directly given the private registration mark when new so it never got issued a normal plate when new

so when the Previous owner took off the private plate, the DVLA had to issue a new age related S reg plate for it (as it had no previous registration mark the DVLA could re-issue)

1 hour ago, loserone said:

Can't you get a 4x4 transmission for these from some Subaru?

AFAIK the shell has a lot of floorpan differences.... And a girdle/dbbl wishbone backend with diff located in it.

Scoobie Justy will show differences.

https://drivemag.com/car/SUBARU/JUSTY/hatchback-5doors-1995-de

2 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Just picked up a 'power boost' tip, from GeoForum ;)

A spark plug which is physically longer than stock, the extra metal projecting into the combustion chamber increases c/r... And it's all kosher = no piston whacking.

NGK 7968 (PZFR5D-11)

Gudd Gudd....

What's the power gain? Must be at least an hp + an torque per plug.