JayPee's kwality* moters......

jaypee

5 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

That looks smooth and creamy.

Like that chocolate bar. 

1712031483_Screenshot_20210814-1818542.thumb.png.213c611092f6c79a6794121f5d4f5ecd.png

We. All. Love. A. Bit. Of. Minge. 

5 hours ago, 320touring said:

Having had a wee shotty of this, I can confirm:

It boosts well

6 speed box and clutch lovely to use

Interior is immaculate for the miles

Driver's seat with arm rest is a lovely place to be.

Ghia velour FTMFW

it sips fuel for what is effectively a studio flat on wheels.

Smashing, shall report back further wwanst it's insured in my name. 

5 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

A Ghia no less!

This will surely take all of the drums.

What..? With MMMMMMYYYYYY reputation.... Aye, that's the thinking! 

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Very nice. You just need 5 kids with 3 different mums for the ultimate weekend dad wagon look now... 

Spent 3 years of my childhood in dad's silver vw Sharan version of this, including France a fair few times, was a fucking grim place to sleep in on the back seats, unable to recline them as the back was ram packed full

Are you assuming that I don't...... #shagger! (I don't). Lol, we did that France in the folks' Alhambra! 

3 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Did that boy come back and fix the Merc?

Long story, but, aye, and it's still no fixed... 

2 hours ago, vaughant said:

Love a galaxy, can't believe I've never owned one!! 

I'll give you first dibs 😉

2 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Last weeks family holiday reminded me how useful a Galaxy is and how a 7 seat SUV just isn't the same. 

Aye, it's looking like a handy thing, especially for transportation of drums 🥁😂

2 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

do like 

Cheers sir! 

• jaypee changed the title to JayPee's kwality* moters......

Bosch battery and clean seats. Someone clearly cared for this well. It even has rubber mats in the back. Looks like a tidy bus man. You'll definitely win the traffic light Grond Prix if you only race ones driven by absolute losers with loads of sticky kids. Power to weight ftw

1 hour ago, Jim Bell said:

Bosch battery and clean seats. Someone clearly cared for this well. It even has rubber mats in the back. Looks like a tidy bus man. You'll definitely win the traffic light Grond Prix if you only race ones driven by absolute losers with loads of sticky kids. Power to weight ftw

Absolutely man! 

#choppingsoccermoms

Is that nice looking chrome trim on the bonnet the ghia package or hiding rust? 

To solve the passenger issues remove all but the front seats on nights out! You could leave the one behind the passenger seat and rack the rest out for drum storage and kit use. Voila, only 3 seats! Means you can make another friend and have 4 and you may as well all just get @320touring to shuber you in. You must have loads of those little stamps on the cars by now? 

5 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Is that nice looking chrome trim on the bonnet the ghia package or hiding rust? 

To solve the passenger issues remove all but the front seats on nights out! You could leave the one behind the passenger seat and rack the rest out for drum storage and kit use. Voila, only 3 seats! Means you can make another friend and have 4 and you may as well all just get @320touring to shuber you in. You must have loads of those little stamps on the cars by now? 

That's the Ghia package 😂! All good suggestions dude! 

Treated the Galaxy to some part worns in the right size, which was nice. Just a stop gap to see how I get on with it.

Filled the tank and so far done a couple of hundred miles (1/4 tank on the gauge, how much of that is real, shall remain to be seen), which have been decent, played taxi for @davidfowler2000 and @Supernautlast night. It's got a wee rattle from the front right, but all else seems OK! IMG_20210821_084413.thumb.jpg.96da3cd88175a4ebb9a140bdaab92e62.jpg

Gave this a bit of a clean up tonight, as I had resolved my hoover's poor performance by cleaning the filter, all the rear seats came out, door shuts were cleaned, as were interior plastics. I had forgotten the load space in these, fairly sizeable. 

Screenshot_20210824_000233.thumb.jpg.e231fb51c4a6660b8c127c85c6b7825e.jpg

Gave the steering wheel a clean up too, as it was a bit icky. 

Before 

Screenshot_20210824_000209.thumb.jpg.f6c9fcb3c2cb98a6864e9d10874cf612.jpg

After 

Screenshot_20210824_000222.thumb.jpg.0f5b3863aa959acb97775654417b4526.jpg

It'll now just be my dead skin on the wheel 😂

She's still pootling along quite the thing. Showing 1/4 tank used on the gauge and the trip is on 225 miles.... More investigation required, got a couple of longish journeys later this week, so should hopefully have a chance to do some MPG calculations! 

Popped out to meet @davehedgehog31@tonight and gave him a run home, fold up bike went in the back nae bother. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, hairnet said:

rented a new one of these in germany last year

they do glf and feel like a big estate

it got hooned everywhere and did 35mpg :D

I wouldn't know anything about GLF...... 😇

2 minutes ago, stuboy said:

very swish, a ghia model too... well done

Why thank you, I am used to the finer* things in life.... 😂

• 2 weeks later...