Bus of Britain

bigstraight6

I love those latest Stagecoach "Bus of Britain" adverts, they are an ironic parody based heavily on "Little Britain", though it really brings Home the message as to why I for one will not travel on Public transport, I mean who wants to pay to make a journey sat next to a flatulant eco warrior or an old rip thats spent to long under a Sun lamp :lol: I think I would rather continue to pay through the nose for fuel and enjoy the pleasure of my own company and space :wink:

Shite isn't really a derogatory term on this board though.A couple of years ago I went from Dundee to London by Megabus for £1. Imagine my delight when the bus that turned up was a very battered 1989 Leyland Olympian with a strong smell of exhaust fumes inside. Luckily it transpired that the Leyland was only going to Glasgow and then we would be transferred to a brand new Neoplan. The Neoplan was so quiet and smooth that you couldn't tell it was moving unless you looked out of the window. I think I experienced the shitest and the best Stagecoach had to offer on that journey.

Interesting to check out DVLA's records on some of the reg numbers:

Posted Image

ALR453B "Multicoloured" Tax cashed in 17 03 1987

Posted Image

BKO686C "Blue" Unlicensed since 01 04 1992

Posted Image

HMP729G - Bizarrely this is carried by a 1999 Mazda MX-5 :shock:

Posted Image

GPF146G "White" SURVIVES! Taxed till end March

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OEG 103G - despite being ramp rolled in the film, the registration is on a Red 1986 Austin Mini Mayfair declared SORN till 29 02 2008

Posted Image

848 CRY - licence due 01 05 08

619 DXX was the black hardtop E-type, DVLA says taxed till end Nov '08.

Posted Image

163 ELT - also taxed till end Nov

So perhaps they didn't trash as many cars as it would appear in the film!!