Peugeot 1007 - Peugeots exercise in abject failure.

cort16

6 hours ago, cort16 said:

I seem to remember at the time the motoring press was quite keen on it.

Strangely, i seem to remember the opposite and always thought it got absolutely panned along the lines of 'Any benefits it might have had are more than outweighed by the execution and its excess weight'.

I seem to remember a magazine group test where it came last by a pretty large margin.

I remember this appearing on old Top Gear in the studio, they didn't drive it just talked about the fancy sliding doors and the legal problems with the 007 thing.

Definitely something thats going to end up as an oddity at classic car shows 20 years from now.

Which also means some poor deranged bastard, somewhere in the future is going to spend all his spare time fucking about underneath one with a multimeter and a can of contact cleaner.

6 hours ago, Mrcento said:

Strangely, i seem to remember the opposite and always thought it got absolutely panned along the lines of 'Any benefits it might have had are more than outweighed by the execution and its excess weight'.

I seem to remember a magazine group test where it came last by a pretty large margin.

I think the initial reviews seemed positive dominated by the doors but as they started getting pulled into group tests and stuff then some negativity towards them started to appear

And talking of inadequate loan cars, a different colleague received a Matiz when her Charisma was in for a service*. She had to drive to London that day (from Bristol) but had decided not to die by being squashed beneath the wheels of an HGV so went to the local office and borrowed a proper** car from another colleague before setting off

*Not a euphemism. She really had chosen a Mitsubishi as her company car

**A green Honda Civic saloon

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Clarkson's mum thought they were shit.

My cousin had one as a company car when they were new.  He quite liked it, but more for the novelty value than the driving experience.  He had a spotless Mk2 Fiesta as well if he ever needed to drive a proper car, so the 1007 was a toy really.

6 hours ago, cort16 said:

Here's all the french adverts for it. Typical mid 2000

Turns out they're saying c'est si bon and not sexy bong.

What the? All I learned from this is that the car had sliding doors, an automatic transmission and was sold to witches with the power to turn people into paintings

An interesting thread, and timely too, as these must be getting to the throw away stage when a problem arises.

Peak numbers on HowManyLeft = 7.5k

Now down to 4k taxed, which is actually a reasonable survival rate at this stage? (Youngest 12 years old). 700 SORN - 15% of total survivors!

Is the 1.6 dizzle a turbot? And don't they regularly fail?

I reckon this could be one of those cars that's too shit for Autoshite, but maybe a few will be bought and I'll eat those words!

On 10/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, egg said:

An interesting thread, and timely too, as these must be getting to the throw away stage when a problem arises.

Peak numbers on HowManyLeft = 7.5k

Now down to 4k taxed, which is actually a reasonable survival rate at this stage? (Youngest 12 years old). 700 SORN - 15% of total survivors!

Is the 1.6 dizzle a turbot? And don't they regularly fail?

I reckon this could be one of those cars that's too shit for Autoshite, but maybe a few will be bought and I'll eat those words!

It’s gets the 1.6hdi which is a 110bhp turbo diesel . The 1.6 hdi gets a bit of a bad press as the service intervals are way too long and they get sludged up.

I wonder if the 1.6 petrol engine is the Prince (mini ) engine ?