"Sarf of the bleeding' river at this time of night..." collection Fred

Rocket88

On 05/10/2020 at 13:04, sdkrc said:

These are the ones my brother inspected for me, sadly they are all with faults and probably good only as spares really.

1 minute ago, Saabnut said:

These are the ones my brother inspected for me, sadly they are all with faults and probably good only as spares really.

Scrap that was plying for hire a few weeks ago, with the driver merrily warning  every customer of the dangers in getting in one of those sub5 year old Priuses on Uber “ Def traps  mi  owld China, safest form of travel the Old Sherbert Dab “ 

Other West Ham supporting , pink Ben Sherman shirt wearing , snowflake hating, stereotypes are available.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, 1duck said:

The prick who owns Virgin has a black cab so he can use bus lanes in london.

The prick, sorry I mean Prince, who is married to the Queen had one.

And let's not forget Nubar Gulbenkian, the American billionaire, although he jazzed his up a bit

image.jpeg

The companies that insure wheelchair access vehicles are cool with taxis as private cars.  The bloke from Fish Insurance said they see it all the time as it's a cheap way to get an WAV.   Yes, there's a company called Fish Insurance.    

Using this for a week has been quite a revelation. Apart from the gear knob [fnar] disintegrating, nothing has fallen off or stopped working.. It's a bit grumbly and hesitant from cold, but after that, surprisingly spritely. Cruises at 65 in a surprisingly civilised manner, and seems very frugal. Driving position , and even the seat, pretty comfortable. 

All in all, so far so good. Only downside for most would be the ridiculous insurance situation, I've got a trade policy, and even getting it on that was a bit of a war.

Would recommend, as a cheap way of being able to tote shite about in.

Scrap that was plying for hire a few weeks ago, with the driver merrily warning  every customer of the dangers in getting in one of those sub5 year old Priuses on Uber “ Def traps  mi  owld China, safest form of travel the Old Sherbert Dab “ 
Other West Ham supporting , pink Ben Sherman shirt wearing , snowflake hating, stereotypes are available.

What’s wrong with a Ben Sherman, anyway back to my gammon butties.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update...been slowly going through this, and have replaced..........

Steering idler arm, turbo and manifold, injector seals, and given it a good service. Timing chain chatters a bit on start up " TADT" apparently............

Turbo was pretty much borked, waste gate jammed, and quite a lot of play in the little whirly thing. Injector seals were a doddle to do, as was replacing the steering idler arm.