"Sarf of the bleeding' river at this time of night..." collection Fred

Rocket88

Original intention was to use Kermit the Renault 11 as a daily........which has now been shelved. Noticed loads of TX2 London cabs seem to be on the market due to ULEZ effectively banning them from Lunnen...........been to collect this today........Compared to a TX1, remarkable civilised.

This one's done 330k miles [ish] and apart from some peeling paint on top of d/s wing, is in really good condition. 

"Ow much ? £450.............

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_1157 2.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

AF36E115-5BCC-4132-8DFE-30D27D32E106.JPG

From Faceache marketplace. Owner of a cab company who was getting rid of his fleet. He sold it to a gent in Hayward's Heath, who couldn't get insurance for his son to drive it, and contacted the original seller, who I had contacted after he sold it, asking if he knew anyone who may be interested................

Top buyage! I often think about one of these, I presume it’s 1000000% nicer than an fx4 but oddly enough that was part of their charm (says someone who didn’t have to spend hours and hours behind the wheel And drove it for fun)

2 hours ago, colc said:

Original intention was to use Kermit the Renault 11 as a daily........which has now been shelved. Noticed loads of TX2 London cabs seem to be on the market due to ULEZ effectively banning them from Lunnen...........been to collect this today........Compared to a TX1, remarkable civilised.

This one's done 330k miles [ish] and apart from some peeling paint on top of d/s wing, is in really good condition. 

"Ow much ? £450.............

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_1157 2.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

AF36E115-5BCC-4132-8DFE-30D27D32E106.JPG

Awesome!

I was just thinking earlier that its a shame not more shitters own black cabs

having grown up with them I am obviously quite fond of them!

although ill always prefer the FX4, I have warmed up to the others, (and regret never riding in a Metrocab, I always try and made my mum hail FX4's if we had to hail a cab LOL)

so its cool to see one on the forum :) 

I look forward to seeing how you get on with dallying it etc

Insurance seems to be an issue.......maybe they feature highly in insurance claim algorithms...............considering where most of them are, and the mileage they do, not a surprise. Flux wanted over £500 a year, most conventional insurance companies won't touch them. Mine's on a trade policy

This is cool. I had my eye on an FX4 for a while. I am sure this will be much easier to live with.

What if you 'modify' it? Cone filter or somesuch? Or change the parameters: increased or decreased mileage, commuting, business etc. With obscure stuff I find that can help by opening up insurers that only cover certain options. In some cases going for the bare minimum SDP low milage works out dearer than ramping up the cover and getting a discounted quote from someone else.

1 hour ago, juular said:

This is cool. I had my eye on an FX4 for a while. I am sure this will be much easier to live with.

What if you 'modify' it? Cone filter or somesuch? Or change the parameters: increased or decreased mileage, commuting, business etc. With obscure stuff I find that can help by opening up insurers that only cover certain options. In some cases going for the bare minimum SDP low milage works out dearer than ramping up the cover and getting a discounted quote from someone else.

The inner working of insurance company algorithms are so incredibly Byzantine, that I'm not sure if they understand them themselves..........a prime example of A.I completely taking over from common sense. You'd probably get it cheaper if you re-bodied it and put a V8 in it...............

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, colc said:

. You'd probably get it cheaper if you re-bodied it and put a V8 in it...............

Wouldn't contest that thought for a second. 

I ran a few quotes on the Volvo 440 that needed saved on here. A £75 base spec car pulled by around 80 raging horses. Couldn't get it below £500 even with low mileage and £1000 excess.

240bhp Volvo C70 in GT trim? No problem sir, £150 with business use, 10k mileage and zero excess.

I noticed if I reduced the milage and removed commuting the quotes started to rocket as the cheap insurers wouldn't cover it.

There is no logic in it whatsoever so you may as well methodically exhaust every button and drop-down on the comparison sites and see what happens.

7 hours ago, colc said:

Insurance seems to be an issue.......maybe they feature highly in insurance claim algorithms...............considering where most of them are, and the mileage they do, not a surprise. Flux wanted over £500 a year, most conventional insurance companies won't touch them. Mine's on a trade policy

When I was a student in 1980 when insurance was less prohibitive, I got a quote for an old (1965 ish) FX4. I can’t remember how much it was but it was a bloody big number. Several times the asking price of the cab. Why so much, I asked.  Because of the number of seats. I did not get an FX4.