Dinner time collection.

Cavcraft

My boss had one of these in about 1990 when I was serving my time. A G reg burgundy one. The other apprentice had just passed his test so the boss gave him the keys to the D reg renault petrol traffic we had. We had to meet the boss up a back lane in Gosforth. We drove up to him as the boss got out of his sierra. We caught his door and folded against the wing. Instead of stopping he continued and gouged the whole side of the van.

The gaffer was lucky not to be squashed to fuck.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:21 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I’d be interested if it’s going straight up for sale .

It's Billy.  Everything is for sale!

Meanwhile, here is the pair lying idle in Barrow.

1063489594_DC079.thumb.jpg.a55afaf383a7031e19601097497e8ee6.jpg

I also know someone with an immaculate burgundy saloon for sale, but it's definitely not at Shiter Price!

20 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Trying to think, but I don’t think I’ve ever driven a Sierra!

This looks like a top buy to me! 

71217318-856A-472C-B6C1-5EE7B0424914.jpeg

I have, as an over exuberant teenager I drove my Dads company 2l Ghia estate quite a few times, at the time my car was a Mk2 1.3 astra, being young and foolish I remember getting on the power a bit too early and loosing it coming off a roundabout on the way to Telford.

By the time the company got rid of it at 240k miles it was utterly knackered, dont think anything was original, had holes in the bodywork and never saw another MOT, it was replaced with a Mk3 Astra estate with the 1.7 low blow turbo which was utterly grim (his boss was a right tight arse.)

6 hours ago, omegod said:

Fuck me that's hotter than Kylie smothered in chilli sauce, if you managed to get that for under 2k I shall doff my cap 

Just squeezed in under that. It seemed fairly hard to price to be honest, some of the ones that ended on eBay were in different conditions and different prices. He'd told a bloke at work £2,200, the lad at the garage £2,000 and then £1,800. In the end it was £1,875*, suspect he twigged how keen I was and he was trying  to hold out for £1,900. In more recent times, if I've seen something I really like and can afford to buy it, that's exactly what happened.  Think I'd have happily paid two for it, to be honest.

Came to work in it today and so far delighted with it, starts/runs/drives beautifully. I'm going to sort the front tyres out with new ones (waiting to hear if Demon Tweeks will fit for same price as they send them out) and I think it wants a good polish and wax, but obvs. it's absolutely wellying it down here, the same is forecast for tomorrow which is also my only day off :(

6 hours ago, brownnova said:

Trying to think, but I don’t think I’ve ever driven a Sierra!

This looks like a top buy to me! 

71217318-856A-472C-B6C1-5EE7B0424914.jpeg

I've driven a few.  Been stopped by the bizzees a few times in them.  Never less than 80 in a 60.   Managed to get a 1.8 Glx sapphire up to an indicated 130 mph down hill at 3 am on the way to Stuttgart. 

Dad refused to let me drive in any car he's owned since I got his company 2.0 Ghia estate sideways in the dry on a motorway roundabout.  

This might be a bit weird, but I want to be six years old so I can drift off to sleep in the back of this while it's on the A12 at 68mph, at night, in the pissing rain, with the ESRT 32 cassette stereo glowing away greenly, and playing Marillion's  Misplaced Childhood for the nth time because it's the only tape in the car.

Getting proper nostalgic here

Gave it a wash this afternoon, followed by a polish and wax. Might not make any odds, but waxed the arches the most in the hope any water etc would just slide off. Didn't buff it as it isn't that bad and don't want to burn the paint or something by mistake. It's come up a treat, though I did find the odd imperfection as you'd expect, I suppose. Only just realised it has the matching dealer's mud flaps as well as the number plates, quite happy with that.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Image may contain: car, sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, sky, car and outdoor

Image may contain: text that says "TARGET MAIDENHEAD FORD"