Shite from the TV that has/hasn’t survived

sierraman

Tenuous claim to fame, but right at the start of this Sweeny fan film there's a Chevette saloon;

It's actually this one on false plates, my friend owned it...

5840344827_fe547662fc_b

...and it was my wedding car

021_zps759dda02

Also been friends with the owner of the Ventora for many years

fywingravesend2010064

I've heard a few film & TV executives  managed to get their cars into productions, one of the Cadillac Fleetwoods in Get Carter belonged to the producer.

Supposedly the reason that The Saint drove a Volvo P1800 was because Roger Moore had one at the time.  Like WHO1, ST1 was already in use so it had to use mocked up plates.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:46 AM, warren t claim said:

What part did it play in UFO?

There was a "history" episode in which we saw how SHADO was formed, and the cars Straker drove during that process.  One was a brown Interceptor.

1 hour ago, Richard_FM said:

I've heard a few film & TV executives  managed to get their cars into productions, one of the Cadillac Fleetwoods in Get Carter belonged to the producer.

Supposedly the reason that The Saint drove a Volvo P1800 was because Roger Moore had one at the time.  Like WHO1, ST1 was already in use so it had to use mocked up plates.

Isn't there a Fiat that always crops up in the background of The Sweeney?

On 08/10/2020 at 11:44, LightBulbFun said:

hah yeah that could be a good "sub section" of the great plates thread

of really expensive private plates on autoshite type/condition vehicles LOL

When I were nobbut a sprog, my mate's mum ran a rusty Morris 1100 with the inherited plate NR8.

6 hours ago, antony denman said:

my m8 who owns car says it was owned by company did all shows,he got mass off history with it,if you knew him he will bore you for hours lol,its a famous car,am only going on what he told me,love how he kept it original not over restored,

SAM_3871.JPG

SAM_3874.JPG

Proper West Brom plates, too 😎

14 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

The  Saint producers initially approached Jaguar for use of an E-Type (they were new out), Jaguar pretty much said bugger off we can sell all we've got.  They then approached Volvo who were only too happy to help even supplying part cut open cars for interior shots. Rog' did also drive a Volvo (I think he had a couple).

Jaguar were later only too happy to supply XJS's for Return of the Saint...

6 hours ago, antony denman said:

my m8 who owns car says it was owned by company did all shows,he got mass off history with it,if you knew him he will bore you for hours lol,its a famous car,am only going on what he told me,love how he kept it original not over restored,

SAM_3871.JPG

SAM_3874.JPG

Interceptors are the mutts nuts IMO. That's gorgeous.

Compare the styling of that to other cars like the Aston's, Jags etc out at the time it was introduced (1966 I think) & the Jensen just looks so much more modern. It has aged incredibly well.

1 hour ago, ETCHY said:

The  Saint producers initially approached Jaguar for use of an E-Type (they were new out), Jaguar pretty much said bugger off we can sell all we've got.  They then approached Volvo who were only too happy to help even supplying part cut open cars for interior shots. Rog' did also drive a Volvo (I think he had a couple).

Jaguar were later only too happy to supply XJS's for Return of the Saint...

Yes I've heard about Jaguar turning down lending them an E-type, but ironically lending an XJS for the Return of the Saint.  Ian Ogilvy used to complain about the ice cold water pouring out the vents when turning sharply.

One of Roger Moore's P1800s does survive in a collection.

WXP 55, Lady Maud's Rolls-Royce from the hilarious adaptation of Blott on the Landscape, is happily still on the road.

00-48rrscd.jpg

The plate from Sir Giles's Rover Vanden Plas comes up as being on a Toyota though.

1984 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas EFi [SD1]

And the Metro driven by Dundridge is long dead, apparently lasting less than two years on the road.

16-16metroe.jpg

25 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

image.png.ccac1c62bd690cc9884d0d9277a64353.png

I wonder if the Viva made it?

image.png.f02d319eb72fcb617749f9b779ea7b38.png

Tax ran out in ‘86 so I’d doubt it. I think the Estate was up for demolition where it was filmed in Bradford. I’ve actually been to Bobs house, at the time from the outside it looked almost as if nothing had changed!

Doubt the SD1 still survives, they used to look tatty really quickly. One of my all time favourite cars the SD1. 

On 10/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, ETCHY said:

Interceptors are the mutts nuts IMO. That's gorgeous.

Compare the styling of that to other cars like the Aston's, Jags etc out at the time it was introduced (1966 I think) & the Jensen just looks so much more modern. It has aged incredibly well.

My lottery win car in an Interceptor tastefully updated and fitted with  a Hellcat engine.

here viva i owned about 8 years ago,it had 2 bit parts on heartbeat,bloke i bought it off showed me the photo copy off logbook he got,tv hire firm,good little blue bus.glad i sold it,my crazy m8 wanted to put 2 litre pinto and 5 speedgearbox in it,had very small engine think it was a 1000cc engine,alright on the a roads lol,

DSC00673.JPG

DSC00672.JPG

DSC00671.JPG

DSC00670.JPG