Shite from the TV that has/hasn’t survived

sierraman

On 10/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, sheffcortinacentre said:

The lom MK3 Cortina is still about. Can't remember reg but it's a 74 2000E.

PEG1 the black cab in carry on cabby still exists & is in a museum .

This is supposedly the genuine taxi from the film. PEG 1 was a fake plate that doesn't seem to have ever been issued (it's not on a vehicle at the moment) and it's really DYH 310.

Carry On Cabby

4 hours ago, quicksilver said:

This is supposedly the genuine taxi from the film. PEG 1 was a fake plate that doesn't seem to have ever been issued (it's not on a vehicle at the moment) and it's really DYH 310.

Carry On Cabby

although as you say obviously a fake plate for the movie

it looks like PEG1 was eventually issued (PEGxxx being issued starting in April 1962)

its currently on retention and was last on this moped which clearly is owned by some sort of number plate dealer and used as a mule to hold registration marks

image.thumb.png.1610451928b45390fa45a9e130960574.png

which according to another tool in my arsenal  has had 158 registration marks LOL

On 9/30/2020 at 11:59 PM, Richard_FM said:

I read that the RS2000 from the Professionals is in the hands of a collector after being stored for years.  Supposedly the first owner after it was used for filming paid the same price as a new one because he was a fan of the show.

I seem to remember reading that there was actually three of them. Anyway, it / one of the three was for sale in Brundall motor company in Norwich in the early 80,s. I can remember it advertised for months in the classifieds of Motoring News. I have a feeling the price was around £3500.

One of the XJS,s from Return of the Saint was in my local garage for some mechanical resto work  for quite a while around 15 years ago.

I thought it was a tribute / replica type thing, but the garage owner who I know well, assured me it was the real thing. It even had the ST1 plate on it.

20 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

I seem to remember reading that there was actually three of them. Anyway, it / one of the three was for sale in Brundall motor company in Norwich in the early 80,s. I can remember it advertised for months in the classifieds of Motoring News. I have a feeling the price was around £3500.

One of the XJS,s from Return of the Saint was in my local garage for some mechanical resto work  for quite a while around 15 years ago.

I thought it was a tribute / replica type thing, but the garage owner who I know well, assured me it was the real thing. It even had the ST1 plate on it.

I think it was the one on display at Brundall motor company has been restored.  I believe it was normally used for the driving & banter shots, and the large sunroof was fitted to improve the interior light level.

4 hours ago, Billy - Medhurst said:

1100071713.jpg

This poor thing has been shuffled from driveway to driveway of a variety of owners who were adept at sticking on tat and rattle canning the rusty bits black and really bad at actually keeping it roadworthy. The joys of these being practically worthless until the last couple of years...

On 10/1/2020 at 5:57 PM, sierraman said:

Another bit of useless trivia, Peter Collinson the director brought one of the mafia Fiat Dino back home with him, ran it for a few years until it dissolved. The only surviving parts being the doors which he kept for years in his garage.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:54 PM, LightBulbFun said:

although as you say obviously a fake plate for the movie

it looks like PEG1 was eventually issued (PEGxxx being issued starting in April 1962)

its currently on retention and was last on this moped which clearly is owned by some sort of number plate dealer and used as a mule to hold registration marks

image.thumb.png.1610451928b45390fa45a9e130960574.png

which according to another tool in my arsenal  has had 158 registration marks LOL

I’ve always harboured a strange desire to invest in a really short, expensive private reg and put it on a shit scooter. No idea why

7 minutes ago, 2MB said:

I’ve always harboured a strange desire to invest in a really short, expensive private reg and put it on a shit scooter. No idea why

hah yeah that could be a good "sub section" of the great plates thread

of really expensive private plates on autoshite type/condition vehicles LOL

An early white Jaguar Mk11 used in the crime series ‘Law and Order’ - a 1978 Sweeney-like slice of ‘real copper’ life starring Charlie Slater from ‘Stenders as a bent copper - survived in the U.K. to 2013 and was then exported.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0405564/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_56

As it was just an ‘old car’ when the show was filmed  I was surprised and pleased to see it live on. Must have kept in good condition to make it into the mid 1980s when values started to rise.

I always wanted to know what happened to the Third Doctor's "Whomobile".

655511686_Screenshot2020-10-08at19_34_12.thumb.png.9cfc29b750804e17c3a4b56d1f6a097a.png

I believe the car was registered when new as Jon Pertwee commissioned and drove the car himself outside of Dr Who.

1089701415_ss4_Whomobile04.JPG.308bb270898b4aa1f2391d829fa6d76e.JPG

Last seen 2015 at a nerd Sci-fi convention, even that was the first time for around 20 years.

6 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

The Whomobile was at one time on a long term loan to a fan.

By all accounts Jon Pertwee gave it to a fan who’d just had a massive bereavement, with the proviso JP could borrow it. Then at some point in the 80s/90s it was auctioned for pennies.

5 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

By all accounts Jon Pertwee gave it to a fan who’d just had a massive bereavement, with the proviso JP could borrow it. Then at some point in the 80s/90s it was auctioned for pennies.

Thanks, I thought it was something like that.

I think it was at the Longleat or Blackpool exhibitions, possibly both at time,  I guess Jon Pertwee sold it because he was living in Spain & didn't want to either take it out there or pay storage costs.

It seems it was off the road for so long that it needed to be re-registered for the 30 Years In The Tardis documentary.

1 hour ago, martc said:

The Five Doctors and Bessie | Doctor who, Fifth doctor, Bbc doctor who

Smiley Face

image.thumb.png.bc8f54bcf1b7e5b6d8e64e59e96c7d4a.png

Sad Face

Bessie « Hire a Tardis – UK

Apparantly this is a replica... sad face

image.thumb.png.9a9296afaebadab33ed26402c17a81f7.png

Bessie is a “Siva Edwardian”, a kit plopped on a Ford Pop 103E chassis. There are a few of them about. Bessie’s original road reg was MTR5.

I know the Tv car was re-engined at some point during the show’s original run as certainly by the 1980s she had a longer nose with a new engine.

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

Bessie is a “Siva Edwardian”, a kit plopped on a Ford Pop 103E chassis. There are a few of them about. Bessie’s original road reg was MTR5.

I know the Tv car was re-engined at some point during the show’s original run as certainly by the 1980s she had a longer nose with a new engine.

image.thumb.png.f58a6e4536bfb61ac573f79292331c3a.png

Sad face

39 minutes ago, antony denman said:

here one out off the protecters my m8 owns it,been in ufo ect 

SAM_3873 (2).JPG

SAM_3875 (1).JPG

Gorgeous. I once heard that Reg Hill, who worked on a few Gerry Anderson productions had owned that particular interceptor.