Historic photo car dump.

Rab

1986 has got to the height of motor manufacturing in my opinion.

You could buy a new Range Rover Vogue, an SD1 VDP,  a new mk4 XR3i for the missus , and E28 M5 oh and an MG Metro for local hops and shopping.  Imagine that sweeping gravel driveway lineup in your tasselled loafers if you will. 

4 hours ago, RobT said:

Tasselled millionaire loafers no less.  With a hint of white sock?

Great thread and stories, please keep them coming!

Ferrari Club rep. No insurance as we crashed on Boss's own land....Boss man kicked out of Ferrari Club....

Thanks for those Edinburgh spots Rab. Looks like you've taken a walk down Dundas Street 34 years before that was my route to work down at Canonmills (until Covid). The street with the trees looks like Heriot Row at the north end of Queen Street Gardens. The Transit in the Grassmarket is outside Bank of Scotland's Uberior House where my dad worked in the 1980s. It's now an Apex Hotel.

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

Thanks for those Edinburgh spots Rab. Looks like you've taken a walk down Dundas Street 34 years before that was my route to work down at Canonmills (until Covid). The street with the trees looks like Heriot Row at the north end of Queen Street Gardens. The Transit in the Grassmarket is outside Bank of Scotland's Uberior House where my dad worked in the 1980s. It's now an Apex Hotel.

I lived on St Stephens St...also Scotland St  and still have a respectable hang out on Grt King St..best mates family are the oldest tenants on the street..GF lived on Dundas St..I worked in the Shore Bar in Leith with the family that established it..most of my family are Edinburgh orientated...

5 minutes ago, Rab said:

I lived on St Stephens St...also Scotland St  and still have a respectable hang out on Grt King St..best mates family are the oldest tenants on the street..GF lived on Dundas St..I worked in the Shore Bar in Leith with the family that established it..most of my family are Edinburgh orientated...

Great King Street is tremendous looking and still a decent amount of chod around the area today.

13 hours ago, Rab said:

I may have posted these else where so apologies.

Streetscenes of Edinburgh. 1986ish. Canon A1.

a86 (2).jpg

a86 (3).jpg

a86 (5).jpg

a86 (6).jpg

Oh this is just brilliant. Summer 86, Commonwealth Games we travelled up to Edinburgh in a two year old Prairie and stayed at my grans flat in Willowbrae Road just round the corner from the stadium. Don’t suppose you caught on camera any of the Renner 21s in Games livery?

I well remember all those Nissans around the city that had what must have been a dealer-applied two tone livery, my parents were giving thought to doing the same (would have covered all the supermarket car park scratches up ) however they never got round to it and they traded it for another, nearly new Prairie in 88.