Brownnova’s eponymous vehicle... It might be over for my Nova.

brownnova

I mostly blame @cms206 for this... 

But @davidfowler2000 deserves an honourable mention... as do others who added to the peer pressure too ( @Floatylight @Ghosty @rml2345 @Inspector Morose I’m looking at you)  

So... 

A little over a month ago at the FoD gathering some  free Haynes manuals were offered by @Slowsilver out the back of a Maxi... I picked one up for old times sake... 

And tomorrow the car to go with it arrives. 

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

I mostly blame @cms206 for this... 

But @davidfowler2000 deserves an honourable mention... as do others who added to the peer pressure too ( @Floatylight @Ghosty @rml2345 @Inspector Morose I’m looking at you)  

So... 

A little over a month ago at the FoD gathering some  free Haynes manuals were offered by @Slowsilver out the back of a Maxi... I picked one up for old times sake... 

I accept no** responsibility for this... ??

11 hours ago, brownnova said:

So... 

Typical AS behaviour. Everyone else buys a car then gets a manual for it, but not us. We do it the other way round. Hoped that the free manuals would be of use to someone but didn't expect any of them to lead to the actual purchase of a (hopefully) complete car. And a brown saloon for maximum shite points. Good luck with it and hope to see it soon.

Novas have a lot of childhood memories - my parents had one in the early 90s. One oft-repeated tale is when my father pulled off the drive and the car stalled and would not restart. He was cursing and fiddling, 3 year old me apparently shouted from the back seat "Daddy look, you've run out of petrol" pointing to the gauge. He was rather embarrassed as a relative was dispatched to bring back a gallon of four star. 

holy fuck, an early 4 door 1.3l in chestnut brown. only the saloon 4 door got the 1.3 in l flava. fuck im wet af for this. brown tint glass is rare af now, as are some of the dash trim peices.  it may have a 1b1 pierburg or a weber carb, some of the non sr spec 1.3's have an odd carb and mani setup.  if its rocking a 2e3, its sr spec as fook. 

im a serial nova stroker. had x3 4 drs, x1 2dr and x6 3drs.  

moar pics please. 

*goes to lie down