A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - sold enjoy new bloke

hairnet

30 minutes ago, New POD said:

It sits in one place. 

It's an easy enough job to fit a 'real' oil pressure gauge, the wiring is the same, you just swap the sender and the dial mechanism over for an earlier model, I did it on my '97 mk1. No  idea if it can be done on the mk2 but the dial face wouldn't match as mk2 has a blue background, mk1 is black.

(the mk3 has a fake oil pressure gauge which is controlled by the ecu and moves around with engine revs, purely for cosmetic reasons, as mazda thought buyers would like that sort of thing. total madness)

after a week of looking i found this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-MX-5-NB-MKII-Trunk-Lid-Carrier-1998-2005-Luggage-Rack-Boot-Rack-NEW/264780786987?hash=item3da62a2d2b:g:bzgAAOSw6Gte-0fz

unwinding of allen bolt will commence when i find or borrow one long enough

fuck you boot rack

@Heidel_Kakao might not need brummie taxi :P:D

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

after a week of looking i found this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-MX-5-NB-MKII-Trunk-Lid-Carrier-1998-2005-Luggage-Rack-Boot-Rack-NEW/264780786987?hash=item3da62a2d2b:g:bzgAAOSw6Gte-0fz

unwinding of allen bolt will commence when i find or borrow one long enough

fuck you boot rack

@Heidel_Kakao might not need brummie taxi :P:D

Hang on a mo, somebody would actually pay nearly £300 for that stupid washing up rack? Get it sold! (Wish I had thought of flogging it seperately)

On 9/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, hairnet said:

You're absolutely right, Must Not.  Who the fuck ever thought black/dark grey alloys were a good idea?

50 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

You're absolutely right, Must Not.  Who the fuck ever thought black/dark grey alloys were a good idea?

Someone who hates cleaning brake dust off wheels?

although those wheels are at least a simple design so reasonably easy to clean. Whoever designs some of the alloys on more modern cars with loads of nooks and crannies should be made to clean them for a month solid.

so having taken out a normal car policy and got dry bummed which was leading me to sell it on notwithstanding the fitment issues (do i need to man up)

i joined the owners club mainly for the info but tried their *discounted through footman insurance

rang normal car lot and 'i wish to cancel before the 14 days thing'

yess sir may i ask why - told them managaed to get on classic - they probably know all about things like that

and the kicker?

its a third what i was gonna (it was on DD) pay :D

woop - i also get a refund of the unused 2 weeks :D

so for the price of the club membership - ive saved ten times that :D

time for a razz at the weekend @NorthernMonkey can i ask you some silly questions please

@gm - be scared - be very scared :D

9 minutes ago, hairnet said:

so having taken out a normal car policy and got dry bummed which was leading me to sell it on notwithstanding the fitment issues (do i need to man up)

i joined the owners club mainly for the info but tried their *discounted through footman

rang normal car lot and 'i wish to cancel before the 14 days thing'

yess sir may i ask why - told them managaed to get on classic - they probably know all about things like that

and the kicker?

its a third what i was gonna (it was on DD) pay :D

woop

so for the price of the club membership - ive saved ten times that :D

time for a razz at the weekend @NorthernMonkey can i ask you some silly questions please

@gm - be scared - be very scared :D

Knock yourself out... ?

so

went to @NorthernMonkeyspanking services (he disappeared and it came back spanked)

that @The Moog will herbert was there also :D

diagnosis is the gearbox is fucked (only after neil drove it tho :P )

rest of it is fine the underneath is good

big thanks to him for his time nice to meet you finally and nearly was ok to see moog again :D

oh the boot rack was finally removed and found it has a wind deflector (?!)

they will be sold for pez and or rust fix monies

IMG_20200919_165550.jpg

• hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty AF - theres bits missing