A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - sold enjoy new bloke

hairnet

so it was fine yesterday

been stuttering and farting on throttle when it warms up - cold its ok

but only now and again

part throttle it seems ok - idle is erratic also should be 1k - it stutters and farts at 500 when sat at lights and stuff although it doesnt stall

apaprently theyre known for leads and will check plugs too

wanted to get some leads but the halfords here didnt have any and the hampshire ones weds at earliest i go home tuesday

the local ecp no stock (again till weds) and no gsf here - the local place in cowes not open till monday anyway

bought some from gsf swindon (im going back that way)

hopefully it doesnt grenade till then :D

never dealt with coil packs - it might be that maybe?

weather down to here yesterday was utter shite - might it just be waterlogged?

thats as far as i got as it got too windy to go back out

oh well

hoon (sort of) back to the house and got to see the first episode of r steins french odyssey which i was happy about as i have the dvd of the series at home but i cannot find it :D but when it was last on tv i recorded it onto the laptop but it didnt record the first (this episode)

NEED to visit la tupina (need to save up tho - google them)

back home (ish) tomorrow via swindon (is that good) and @AnthonyG;s house :P

double pack of custard creams and tea ftw

• 2 weeks later...
  • hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - paragon of reliability
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason they seem to be going for £500 this year, no  idea why. I've bought an sold loads over the years, usually around £300

i could do with one for my own mx5 as the heavy rain on Friday leaked in and soaked my seat. I've vaselined the rubber window seals which seems to have helped, and stuck a seat cover on just in case :( 

• hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - wallet needs a holiday
  • 2 weeks later...
  • hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - tighter than a nuns chuff

so hood was put on and chap said leave it up for a week or so to let it relax as it would be tight (fnarr) at first (no yoksher or scotsman jokes please)

due to the weather didnt have chance anyway so until today

had bought a wet.dry vac to sort out the damp footwells so did that and put roof down so it was easier

was i able to put the roof back up

no

pull roof forward hook clips are 6-7mm from hooking - no manner of pulling pushing a farting about would get them closer - only need one to clip on and the other side would do as its told

ffs - was gonna message fella about it - 'you know you said its tight - is there a knack when it new'

but then had a look at the frame and theres the main bit above the seatbelt/b pillar and i moved that about and realised if i pulled that forwards it would do the same to the front of the hood

how do i do that - i dont have 4 hands and the old git isnt strong enuff to help and i cant ask bro in law as social distance bollox etc

so i have one of these and tried this - it only needed gentle pressure forward so thought id give it a go,.........

only had to ratchet a few clicks and it was enuff to seat the clip

fucks sake - it wont be unfolded any time soon now i know this

ps its still less rusty than @eddyramrod's caddy (joke ed)

this doesnt count as reliability issue right :D

@gm 30 sec job took half an hour this nearly happened

large_000000.jpg

this was close but had a cuppa instead then went back out

as i write this its just started raining - thank fuck its sorted

IMG_20210117_123754_736.jpg

• 4 weeks later...