A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - sold enjoy new bloke

hairnet

I will need to have a look at what wheels I have got. Definitely got a set of mini steels and 14inch daisy wheels.

If you want suspension then talk to Mr Monkey - we have got bucket loads between us.

You are more than welcome to my gearbox as I just keep tripping over it. If you wanted to arrange a time I am sure Moog and Monkeys fitting services might be available.

• 2 weeks later...

so the mid life crisis man (who me)

went shappin in it and because it rained i went to work in it - im such an old fart - but then if id only had the bike id have got wet anyway - its nice to have the choice

booking a holiday for it but i cant decide where to take it :D

oh and scoped out a place that fits hoods as it needs one and theyre very local (bonus)

• 2 weeks later...
  • hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af creaky aul twa
  • hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - madonna
  • hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - its japanese right?
2 hours ago, jamiechod said:

i've changed a soft top on an NA & NB, never thought it was a bad job at all. 

I did the roof on our Mk1. Took all day (6 hrs) because I fitted one with a glass rear window from mazmania in knutsford. 

This required drilling the frame and pop riveting webbing straps to the frame. 

There was 1 stubborn bolt which I struggled to remove, which wasted 2 hours. Also my electric screw driver gave up.  

Finally when I thought I'd nearly finished it wouldn't close.  After phoning the MD of mazmania, who laughed on the phone, it became clear that I'm a Muppet.  On loosening the bolts/ screws at the back of the car, the roof was able to fit. And then I could tighten them up.  

3 hours ago, 1duck said:

Hmm watched a video on YouTube didn't seem that hard, but I'll take everyone's word on it. 😅

Mazmania had a free DVD which took me three hours to watch. The actual paper instructions were really shite. 

I reckon if I was doing them every week I could get it down to 2 hours.  

• hairnet changed the title to A new day is dawning mx5 98 rusty af - ロードトリップ!!!

Yes, @hairnetthe RX8 is usually the more expensive route though.

Mazda 6 also has the same stalk. Watch out you don't get one for an estate.

I bought a new one from China on eBay last month. About £15. Almost identical to the other stalk apart from the signs being slightly duller. The intermittent relay makes a noticeable click, but for brand new I can live with that. Very easy to fit.

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

I believe you can you need a wiper stalk from an RX8.

Is that not the mk3 model that shares parts with the rx8 ?  Mr Hairnet has a mk2 which has more in common with the mk1. 

Is it a "flick to wipe once" or a "variable intermittent" wipe that you are after ? Flick is just pull instead of push on the stalk, intermittent wipe would be a whole can of electrical worms.