Cheap EBay oil

sierraman

When the question of cheap oil comes up, realistically, in the context of older cars with a few miles on them, it's surely more important to change regularly than to buy the most expensive oil. 

Will go and nosey at this stuff now I think... 

Edit - 20l for £27.99 delivered! 

I was talking to a bloke that runs his own landrover parts shop. He sells mannol oil as it’s good stuff. He did the screwdriver test between mannol and some other cheep similar priced oil. The mannol oil was still stuck to the screwdriver the next morning, the other stuff had ran away. 

Laguna V6 that @angle now owns has its AW55 automatic gearbox filled with Mannol ATF. Given its supposed to be expensive pixie and unicorn piss usually which if you get wrong fucks the box in short order, it was a lot cheaper than the Mobil One equivalent and seems to be doing the job just fine. 

I have been using the Fanfaro oil for the last year which seems fine. I have just bought 20 litres of dexos2, £40 with a free can of flush thrown in.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X20L-FF6707-VDX-5W-30-ACEA-C3-Syn-Eng-Oil-API-SN-CH-4-Dexos2-FREE-ENG-FLUSH/264842342583?epid=6034512887&hash=item3da9d570b7:g:OsQAAOSwh01fQ56p